Recent content by fed123

1. fed123

boiler losing water

I've actually been told that too much fresh water can have an eroding effect on the boiler, which is why I asked. I would like to know, because that is primarily why I'm concerned about the amount of water I've been adding since opening those vents.
  2. fed123

boiler losing water

What is a wet return system?
  3. fed123

boiler losing water

The problem does seem to have started when I opened the valves. I will try closing them before calling someone in. Not only did opening the valves stop the banging, I also seemed to get better heat in those radiators.
  4. fed123

boiler losing water

Two of my 2d floor radiators were making excessive clanging noises. I adjusted the radiator valve at the end of the radiator (not the on-off valve) all the way open to let steam out. That stopped the excessive clanging, but now I have to fill my boiler with water almost every day. It seems...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks