Recent content by FatsoPilot

1. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

The line after the toilet is a wet vent line (for the laundry sink and the bath sink) which will tie back in to the old copper vent. How could a vent be on the wrong end of a toilet, I'm not following, it is downstream? The drain to the left of the toilet is not vented, it is a basement...
  2. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

Terry, HJ, Do you see any issue with this setup?
  3. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

Here is the new layout for the basement rough-in:
  4. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

That last picture was the original plumbing when I dug it up. There was a sink that drained into the copper vent and down through the toilet line. I've had someone else come look at it and they are going to break into the mainline and take out all the old cast iron, properly place the toilet...
  5. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

The copper vent is 2 inches.
  6. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

Thank you for the reply, it is much appreciated. The other pipe exiting the bottom of the image is a 2" run going to a shower and a tub both of which were vented separately.
  7. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove, it is listed as gerlap*897mq and they are listed as a licensed contractor with a plumbing speciality. I'm really just looking for advice on what I should do, I'm not trying to get into an argument with anyone on whether the plumber I used is licensed...
  8. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

I'm not sure what you are hinting at, the plumber has his license listed as GERLAP8897MQ. It either sounds like you are calling me a liar or saying that this plumber that I paid isn't actually licensed. I'm asking for advice here (of which you've added nothing to the conversation except peanut...
  9. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

I didn't get a permit, I wasn't planning on getting one but I am looking into it now.
  10. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

He told me he has been a plumber for 35 years and has done 1000's of basement DWV systems. What about it looks unprofessional? What would you change?
  11. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

That is the old shower drain (you can see I've taken it off in the 2nd and 3rd pictures above), I'm turning it into a general drain for the basement. Here is the cast iron before we started: You can see the old toilet on the right which is where we broke into. The vent for the basement is...
  12. FatsoPilot

Professional rough-in

I paid a professional plumber to do the DWV rough-in for my basement. Does this look right? Should I be concerned about all the turns and possible future clogging with my toilet? It basically does a 360 to join back in to the old cast iron. If it is alright any idea on how I can get 4 more...
  13. FatsoPilot

Venting basement DWV system

Thank you for reply. I was planning on venting them separately and tying them together eventually at least 42" above the floor. Is it possible to vent the tub on the back wall? And the shower on the left wall? If so, how is it possible without running the vent horizontal a short distance...
  14. FatsoPilot

Venting basement DWV system

I'm trying to figure out how to vent my basement bath and shower drains. In WA state code says you can't roll a vent more than 45 degrees until 6 inches above the flood line of the highest fixture? If I have a drain in the basement along an outside wall that I'm running straight down the...
  15. FatsoPilot

Another DWV layout question

Thank you for the replies, they are much appreciated. The sink will be back further in the corner allowing more room to the toilet. The opening for the toilet is at least 36 inches, depending on how much insulation I decide to use on the outside wal. The bath shower combo will be a contained...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks