Recent content by farrington

1. farrington

max length of faucet connector

I'm planning a minor kitchen remodel and moving the sink is part of the plan. The house is on a slab so all the plumbing on the main floor is in concrete except the drain pipe which runs throught the wall. Cutting into the wall to relocate the sink drain is no prob but sweating new supply lines...
  2. farrington

Faucet connectors

That's just how I did it. Tightened it to the faucet shank nut first then the compression. It was seated perfectly but still had a drip. So did the other one. Someone suggested putting 2 or 3 wraps of teflon tape on the ball end. I did it and it worked but I've read mixed reactions on using...
  3. farrington

Faucet connectors

installed one copper tube this morning and it drips at the faucet valve. I tightened more and it still drips. I took everything back off and the bullnose end that seats in the faucet valve body doesn't have an indentation in it. I was surprised since I tightened the hell out of it. The tubes I'm...
  4. farrington

Faucet connectors

I ended up getting the chrome plated copper tubes. I've never installed them before. They seem pretty straight forward except tightening the pipe to the faucet valve. The compression end I'm good with. Tighten until it bites and then go another half turn. What is the procedure for the faucet...
  5. farrington

Faucet connectors

thanks. I've done the loop trick before for connections under vanities where it isn't seen but in this instance I need them for a console sink. Everything under it is in plain view. I have chrome stops, polished chrome ptrap and the stainless steel connectors would finish it off. I checked out...
  6. farrington

Faucet connectors

Is 12" the shortest length made for stainless steel braided faucet connectors? It seems to be the shortest size I can find. What I need is 9" or 10" connectors. If they make them I love to know where to get them. thanks
  7. farrington

frozen shower arm

I'm installing a new trim kit in my master bath. I just remodeled the bath with full tile walls. To be on the safe side I was going to break the shower arm loose before the tiles went up but with all the craziness of getting everything done quickly I forgot. I had a pipe wrench on it this...
  8. farrington

which valve??

I am trying to figure out if this american standard valve is a R110 or R120. Some sites advertise it as 120 but I'm sure it's 110. The sticker on the valve with the model numbers is illegible. This is holding me up from ordering my trim kit since the kits fit either one or the other but not...
  9. farrington

shower faucet

I have american standard faucet in my shower. Is there any way of finding out which trim kits are interchangable with my valve. Replacing the valve is not an option. thanks
  10. farrington

toilet tank

I did my first toilet install over the weekend and so far so good. One thing I'm not so sure about is the tank. I was told tighten the tank up until it touches the two ridges on the bowl that keep it from rocking front to back. I tightened up the bolts but the tank is still around a 1/16 to an...
  11. farrington

sink install

Isn't anything made good anymore. I marked the holes where to drill in the wall and the shelf support bracket split in half when I was taking the sink back off to drill. I could see the two halves of the shelf were brazed together with only a small amount of metal. I paid almost $500 for it and...
  12. farrington

sink install

actually the leg setup is beefy. They are chrome plated brass. The legs along with the brase near the bottom weigh in at 25lbs and so it's not cheaply made. I should probably wait til monday to speak with costomer service. thanks
  13. farrington

sink install

I bought a american standard console sink for my remodeled bath. Basically a sink that rest on four legs. The install is pretty easy except for one step. The directions call for drilling holes in the floor for these studs at the bottom of each leg to fit into. I have never seen this before. I...
  14. farrington

flange height

I installed a 1/2" closet flange extender which puts me 1/8" shy above finished floor. More like 3/32". I thought that was ok. Just by chance i was flipping through a plumbing book and read flanges should be 1/2" minimum above finished floor. I wouldn't sweat this but there is a ceiling fan...
  15. farrington

valve stops

Yesterday I picked up a few brasscraft compression stop valves for my bath. When I was grabbing them a guy next to me was complaining about the plastic stems the stops have on them now. He was a plumber and told me I was nuts for using them. I have to admit this is the first time I have seen...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks