Recent content by farlz

1. farlz

Hissing Kohler K4520

Wjcandee - I am SOO sorry for being so bad about writing back in here, you have been awesome with your help. I was telling my wife last night how I feel bad, you write these long super helpful posts that help me a lot and I barely respond. I do apologize. My only excuse is lack of time...
  2. farlz

Hissing Kohler K4520

I got the Korky Complete overhaul kit, one quick question: The sponge gasket it comes with is a little smaller and a different style than the Kohler 51531 oem one, is that alright or do I need the specific Kohler one?
  3. farlz

Hissing Kohler K4520

I replaced the flapper in the K4520 and it was a good thing because the old one was definitely deteriorating. I actually used the Kohler replacement because that's what they had in Home Depot. But unfortunately the tank still empties. I don't think it's emptying into the bowl. So I guess I...
  4. farlz

Hissing Kohler K4520

Okay I left the water to the toilet off overnight. The water in the tank went all the way down! I guess I'll be visiting Lowes asap to pick up that flapper you suggested. Thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes.
  5. farlz

Hissing Kohler K4520

Thanks so much for the advice, I'm going to give it a try and I'll report back. I didn't know if it was possible to replace those old fashioned ball floats with the floatless type, and I wasn't able to get a clear answer from searching, so I'm glad you suggested it. Wish me luck.
  6. farlz

Hissing Kohler K4520

Hi, This Kohler K4520 is now hissing because the ballcock seems to not be getting depressed all the way. If I lift the ball float it stops. I've already bent the float rod to make sure the fill line was being reached but it didn't help. I'm not sure what I need to replace to fix this, any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks