Recent content by evanob

1. evanob

Moen Outdoor hot/cold frost free silcock?

I’ve had a trouble-free Moen hot/cold spigot for my hot tub for 11 years. Today, it would not turn in the hot direction. There was a mechanical block. It’s not leaking. Cold water direction works fine. Guess I’ll have to change the valve when it’s warmer outside.
  2. evanob

Toto Toilet Flapper Issue

3 Totos and 3 bad flappers I am buying my third Korky 3-inch replacement flapper for my 3rd Toto toilet. The oldest flapper lasted 3.5 years. The rubber literally seems to have shrunk with the cold water this season and will no longer cover the 3 inch opening even when I adjust by hand. I...
  3. evanob

Toto Guinevere Bad Flapper

Korky makes better Flapper https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?35283-Toto-Toilet-Flapper-Issue&p=271102&highlight=#post271102 Posted in another area. This aftermarket Flapper is stiffer than the poor quality OEM flapper that comes with the toilets. Bought this at Home Depot...
  4. evanob

Korky fixed flapper problem! I followed new2me's advice and went to Home Depot to buy the aftermarket flapper from Fluidmaster. I could not find that brand, but instead bought this Korky brand. Had same concept of adjustable buoyancy. It works great! No more collapsing into drain hole and...
  5. evanob

Same flapper issue as new2me My Toto started having the leaking flapper immediately after installed by a professional plumber. I carefully inspected and realized that the flapper would frequently fall slightly off center and then the flapper would deform and allow leaking around the edge. I...
  6. evanob

I could not adjust the lever to avoid pulling flapper off center. Instead I cut a small piece of the white plastic chain sleeve and put it on the back drain-flapper connector hook to create a washer buttress to keep the flapper from sliding towards the front of the tank and off center. Not...
  7. evanob

Yes, I think the flapper is pulled slightly off center by the brass lever arm, but so far I have been unable to adjust it so that the pull is enough when it is on center. I will try again. I do believe if the flapper were stiffer this would not be an issue. Thanks for the advice. Evan
  8. evanob

No chemicals. It is a brand new toilet. The flapper literally lands off center and then by the strong suction gets sucked partially into the drain.
  9. evanob

I have a newly installed one-piece Guinevere Toilet. Approximately 50% of the time the flapper lands off center and distorts after closing and allows water to leak around the edge causing the toilet to run continuously and often making a strange whistling sound. I do not believe this is an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks