Recent content by Evan Byrne

1. Evan Byrne

Flow inducer sleeve sizing for 40gph 4" SP

Whoops. Yes, typo on the flow rate. I meant to say 40GPM. Gallons per minute. So with a 4" sleeve I shouldn't see any reduction in rated flow?
  2. Evan Byrne

Flow inducer sleeve sizing for 40gph 4" SP

Hey all, I'm going to be installing a 35S20-8 SP pump and I'm trying to figure out what the appropriate flow inducer sleeve size would be. I see most threads on here people using a thin wall 4" PVC for a 4" pump, but I've also seen some mention of friction loss and larger sleeves for higher flow...
  3. Evan Byrne

Max psi for SQFlex pump (and a 1.5" long barb fitting?)

I called Grundfos and even one of their engineers wasn't able to tell me the exact max pressure based on the SQF curve. I did get clarification that according to the curve, if the pump was at 262ft of head it would be making 17gpm. I also got clarification that it is indeed Centrifugal. I'm...
  4. Evan Byrne

Hi Cary, Thanks for your reply. My water level is around 30ft, but accounting for some pressure loss I was aiming for somewhere in the middle of those curves. Something like 120ft of head and 40gpm. As I read it, the pump will still produce around 16gpm at 262' of head, so I don't believe that...
  5. Evan Byrne

Is this a suitable 1-1/2" poly drop pipe? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Advanced-Drainage-Systems-1-1-2-in-x-200-ft-CTS-250-psi-NSF-Poly-Pipe-in-Blue-X4-150250200/205909054
  6. Evan Byrne

Good call on the centrifugal vs helical, I have been warned about this. I remember Cary's comment about pressure tanks taking off like a missile from a helical that just keeps building pressure. I am virtually certain that the 30-sqf-160 is centrifugal. The Helical pumps have a very different...
  7. Evan Byrne

Hey all, I am going to be installing a SQFlex 30-SQF-160 to run a solar irrigation system on my farm. I am going to be installing a CSV with it to reduce the cycling and I'm trying to figure out the maximum pressure my pump can build to properly size my poly pipe (200psi vs 250psi), and the CSV...
  8. Evan Byrne

Filter before pressure tank/csv?

Hi all, I am collecting all of my parts and fittings for a pump and tank install for my farm irrigation. My setup will be fairly standard, Pump>CSV>Tank Tee>Ball Valve> Then sent out into the yard in poly pipe. My question is would it be ok to install a 100 micron filter prior to the CSV? I...
  9. Evan Byrne

SQFlex pump sizing; ok to run less head than rated for?

Oh that's very interesting. Maybe I have been making a mistake when looking at pump curve charts. Should I be taking into account the pressure required at the top and adding that to the total head when reverencing a pump curve chart?
  10. Evan Byrne

SQFlex pump sizing; ok to run less head than rated for?

Hi all, I made a last minute decision to go with a SQFlex pump over my SQ that I just received because I'd like my system to run PV direct. I have a CSV so I'd like to choose one of the centrifugal SQF's so I can use the cycle stop valve. My well is 200ft deep with a 27ft static level. My...
  11. Evan Byrne

Yard Hydrants, Backflow Prevention?

Hi all, I am building a farm and I am about to install my irrigation main lines with frost-free hydrants for my above ground distribution into timers. I have recently read about the cross connection/contamination risk the weep holes pose to water supplies. The health department doesn't require...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks