Recent content by etg

1. E

Rotted Pipe...What to do?

This is why plumber's make so much money. You need to find some pipe that hasn't rotted out and go from there. Hope this isn't on the second floor. I run into 30 to 50 year old copper drains all the time and they do the same thing you are describing. Not uncommon at all. Hey, good luck...
  2. E

P-Trap/Vent question for new washing machine

Depending on what code you are trying to follow, you need something for water hammer. Look at Terry's pic again on the washer hookup...
  3. E

P-Trap/Vent question for new washing machine

This is the type of work I see when licensed electrical contractors do plumbing...
  4. E

Trap Arm Offset

You do not want to use 90's in your case. Riohyde touched on the code issue but I'll touch this issue. It's a commercial? high rise and sinks are usually used for one thing - pouring coffee and coffee grounds down the drain. 90's would be very bad in this case unless you really enjoy using a...
  5. E

Sprinkler Air Vacuum breaker vs Pressure vacuum breaker

Gary, you have a very good point but didn't carry it far enough. Where I live, no one but a qualified backflow tech can install one of these little guys. The homowner has to have the device, for irrigation, tested every 5 years , once again, by a qualified tech.
  6. E

Stainless Steel Hot Water Heater

I'm a wondering why none of the pro's have answered this guy's question yet.
  7. E

Air Admittance Valve

They work in the application they were meant to be used for. I have seen many situations where they were placed but were out of their normal design usage. IF you fall under the IPC there will be no problem for this to be used (as long as you have 1 connecting vent, somewhere in the system...
  8. E

Multiple Water Heaters Anyone??

Interesting question with multiple answers. Probably not what you wanted to hear. Heater in parallel have specific plumbing issues which need to be designed in from the start. The supply lines and discharge lines (up to the hot water main supply line) absolutely need to be hydraulically the...
  9. E

Purple Primer

As long as it meets the code requirment (ASME ....blah blah) no, it does not need to be purple. Purple indicated that a) primer was used and b) it met the ASME requirement. If an inspector comes around, he/she will look at the containers at times.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks