Recent content by Esquire

1. Esquire

Backflow valves - Why?

ballvalve have you ever see blue or green water come out a kitchen sink? See if you can tell me where that came from or do you think it's unlikely for a toilet tank to backflow into the water supply or is glycol always going to stay in the heating pipes only?
  2. Esquire

Properly venting a toilet in Canada

IS flat dry venting illegal in NPC or is it just recmmended against by code? I know our city won't allow it at all though.
  3. Esquire

In the Trades Forum

I would be interested in this for sure, also
  4. Esquire

11 3/8" Rough In

I put a AS flushwise toilet into a 10 3/8" rough last week. I'm sure it could cause moisture issues in the right climate, but the customer said it had to go in. It was tight but it worked. But most that are designed for 12" rough have at least 3/4" from the tank to wall.
  5. Esquire

Can I drain/vent a sink into this drain pipe?

That 3/4" Copper looks soft and appears to me that there is a ground wire on it. We I live the mains and sewers come in the same area. Could somebody have joined onto the main cleanout for the house and joined it up for what ever reason. maybe an attempt at a futurefixture of some sort...
  6. Esquire

Load Bearing?

Damn I got excited when I walked into a house the other day and the guy ripped down a pile of walls and said it was cool cause his roof trusses could support it. I'll have to get an enginer to check it out. Thanks for you quick responses.
  7. Esquire

Load Bearing?

There is a wall below it that spans the whole house also. It is about 6" off of being directly below.
  8. Esquire

Load Bearing?

The span would be the entire house front to back appx 24'. The span after the wall is removed (from left to right) will be a 15' opening.
  9. Esquire

Load Bearing?

It is in the centre of the house for the most part. Front room is 12' from front to back and the kitchen is 11'. So that's pretty damn close to centre. Along this wall (it travels the entire span of the home) there are three doorways and a closet. Somebody told me that if you had...
  10. Esquire

Load Bearing?

How can I determine if I have have a load bearing wall in my house? I have a split entry home. I want to remove the 12 foot wall between my kitchen and living room on the top floor. Would it soley be based on the type of roof trusses that I have I don't know the differences between them so...
  11. Esquire

Red Seal Exam: Update

So just to let guys now, I passed the Red Seal. I was a nervous week waiting for the results but I'm very glad that it's all over with for now. haha. Anyway thanks to everyone who helped with information over the last year or more. I believe that reading posts here certainly helped me become...
  12. Esquire

Thanks for getting back to me on this one. I think I'm going to get the digital copy from the...

Thanks for getting back to me on this one. I think I'm going to get the digital copy from the NRC when they release the 2010 edition of the code book.
  13. Esquire

Oh I see, that's fair enough. I think when 2010 comes out I'll just get the digital copy of that.

Oh I see, that's fair enough. I think when 2010 comes out I'll just get the digital copy of that.
  14. Esquire

Putting holes in second story floor joists

nukeman had a good link there. Does anyone have anything similiar relating to the Canadian Building Code? I imagine it must be close but I would like to have something exact. Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks