Recent content by erich

1. E

how to connect an extender to the flange

I used to go into aurora cycle all the time back in the day when i had my bike, distant memories...
  2. E

cool, thanks! I got a no 3 wax ring, but with a plastic horn, and brass screws, was hoping to do this tonight, but might as well wait another day and take another trip.. I'll hit up aurora plumbing. thanks very much for all the help
  3. E

thanks for the reply, i got it clean... i was wondering if i stack the two spacers do i have to bolt them together first or can i just stack them loose onto the flange and screw the top spacer down through the bottom one and into the subfloor?
  4. E

cool... thanks jimbo! you're right, i put that one extender in and it's still about 1/4" too low... so just use 4 bolts and nuts to secure the two together and silicone them? will that hold up? should i use two wax rings? So I went over to HD to get some silicone and thought i'd go...
  5. E

think that sealant pro stuff would work?
  6. E

can i use anything other than silicone? like construction advesive or this ultra pro sealant?
  7. E

how would i bring the flange up flush with or a little higher than the floor other than using an extender? is it possible to do without ripping the tiles up around the flange? Thanks
  8. E

alright, thanks for the help... iv'e never worked on a bathroom before at all, let a alone doing anything with a toilet, before I started the tiling job, and use the extender after I did the tiles, so I had no(right) way of doing it.
  9. E

I just finished cement boarding and tiling my floor and I need to use an extender ring thing to be flush with the tile. Do I just use some bolts, or do I need to use some sort of adhesive between the flange and the extender?
  10. E

problemes with water flow on delta one handle valve

really? that'd be great if that's it, i'll go get another one and try it out... thanks!
  11. E

thanks for the reply and info... I looked a little closer at the valve insert and it does completely comes apart, so I carefully dissasembled it and the thing was clean, nothing at all clogging it. It has to be the delta product. I doubt it's the tankless heater with all my other fixtures...
  12. E

how to go about unclogging a valve? The valve must be clogged, but how do you unclog it. It's one unit and looks meant not to be taken apart. Can anyone give me the correct procedure for unclogging this type? It's the delta 17 Thanks
  13. E

thank you for the responses, the valves are wide open i did the adjustments per the owners manual, that didn't help at all. i took the valve apart and opened the shutoffs all the way and I get great pressure coming out of both hot and cold, although cold side has greater pressure, is...
  14. E

here are some pictures I don't know if this would make a difference or not, but the copper pipe on the hot side is at a slight angle coming out of the water shutoff i installed, would this hinder the hot water pressure? It's not much of an angle, but maybe the inside edge of the pipe within...
  15. E

bathtub drain doesn't line up with existing drain

thanks hj, that's what i did and it was surprisingly easy to do with a couple 45's
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks