Recent content by eod4647

1. eod4647

Troubleshooting steps a Gould 1/2 HP pump

Good Afternoon, Looking for some advice on how to troubleshoot a submersible pump. It's a Gould 1/2 HP, 230V 3 wire with a Franklin control box. I haven't used this well/pump in awhile, but I'd like to get it operational so I can water some horses. The hydrants I normally use are currently...
  2. eod4647

water heater troubleshooting

Good Morning, I foloowed a guide mentioned in a previous post on troubleshooting the ECO on a water heater and I'm still in the dark as to what the problem is. I've got 246 volts coming in to the top portion (the ECO?) of the upper thermostat, with the same voltage at the next set of...
  3. eod4647

Pitless Adaptor

Good Afternoon, I have a couple quick questions. I plan to add a pitless adaptor so that I can fill in the well pit. Didn't have the time or money to do so last year when I put in a new pump. So what I need to know is what I will need and what type of pipe can be buried. Currently there...
  4. eod4647

setting pressure tank pressure

This is a real basic question. What is the best method to use to set the pressure in a pressure tank? I've tried adjusting pressure with a couple different styles of "tire" pumps, without much luck. I'm hesitant to use an air compressor(mostly because I don't own one) and would just like to...
  5. eod4647

Simple question

Thanks for the info. I'll check those places, but I like your idea. Simple solution and a better option than a just a hole in the PE pipe. Thanks.
  6. eod4647

Simple question

Good Morning, Just a quick question. I have well (submersible pump) that is used for watering horses. No pressure tank or anything, just turn the switch to get water and the pump operates continuously. It's usually on only for a few minutes to top of their water tank. It had a leak in...
  7. eod4647

water filter help/selection

There is some sediment that collects in the bottom of the housing, doesn't appear to be allot. And it does build up on the cartridges themselves. There is no visible dirt or sediment in the water that comes outof the faucet. The softener is a kenmore, so... it was on sale at the time and...
  8. eod4647

water filter help/selection

Afternoon, I'm trying to find a good filter system to use on my water supply. I'm on well water and would like to filter the water prior to the water softener. Current setup is two Omni Filters after the pressure tank and before the softener. It's not the exact setup as when I bough the...
  9. eod4647

Specs on pump

Okay, I won't mention that nasty four letter word!:)
  10. eod4647

Specs on pump

Thanks. Looks like I replaced it with the same size. Now, it's on to the well I use for irrigation. It has a cracked pipe or a hole in it. Need to get it repaired before the snow flies!
  11. eod4647

Specs on pump

Good Afternoon, I replaced my pump a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to find out some specs on the old pump. Not having any idea what was in the well when it died, I bought a new pupm at Tractor Supply Co. The new one is a 1/2 HP230V 10GPM two wire. What I pulled out was a Franklin...
  12. eod4647

rope or no rope?

Thanks. That makes sense. I figured it was something like that. Hopefully I'll have little or no problems with the pump this weekend. There is just enough rope left above ground to tie it off. I need to get this shallow well fixed before I tackle the main well. That way I can at least fill...
  13. eod4647

rope or no rope?

I've been reading different topics, and I've seen several comments that say not to use a "safety" rope/cable on a submersible pump. I'm just curious what the rational is for using one or not. I'm getting ready to pull a pump from about 30 feet. The downpipe has a crack or something. It has a...
  14. eod4647

basic questions

Good Morning, I just have a few questions, trying to clarify some things at my place. I posted awhile back about some well problems I was having, and I have those temporarily cured. I plan to pull the pump this weekend or next (we'll see) and replace the wiring. There were some bad spots...
  15. eod4647

deep well problem?

Thanks for all the help. I found what appears to have been the problem. There was a loose connection in the wiring from the house to the well. So I think I am back to having a reliable source of water. However, I'm going to be lining up someone to pull and replae the pump I believe. I also...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks