Recent content by ElkRock

1. ElkRock

Shur Align Schedule 120 Question

Is my pump set too deep? 6" new well drilled to 720 feet, Yields about 3gpm. Goulds 7GS pump and 2hp motor. 34 picks of Shur-Align threaded drop pipe, 1 1/4" Sch 120. Pump set at about that depth, around 680 feet. Static water level is around 150 feet. 5 check valves. Looking at the Sch 120...
  2. ElkRock

Deep Well System Design

The motor is a 10.6amp with a service factor of 1.25. So my guess is that when pumping from 490' the motor is probably going to draw slightly more since it is now running 10% past the curves BEP. Maybe 11 amps? But certainly not more than the 13 amps at SF current.
  3. ElkRock

Deep Well System Design

I was leaning away from CSV because of the challenge you mention and because there really are no long term water draws. Yes we will have a garden, but it will be manually watered with hose and spot watering. We just dont get into setting a sprinkler and letting it run for an hour or more if you...
  4. ElkRock

Deep Well System Design

New Member Love all the great posts. Big fan of Valveman! Would like some feedback on proposed well system. New construction, 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath, just me and the wife, water conservers. Well just dug by a fantastic well driller who will be giving us an idea of what system to install. But I want...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks