Recent content by Elinger

1. Elinger

Winterizing well

Hi noobie, Just thought I would reply and let you know what my experience was this past year after posting this question. I turned off the power to the well pump and drained everthing above ground as much as possible. In the Spring, I turned on the pump and there was a leak due to a cracked...
  2. Elinger

Winterizing well

Thank you all for your help. I will keep an eye on it and hope for the best in the spring.
  3. Elinger

Winterizing well

This is not in a basement... it's in a small well house above ground with no heat. This is on a farm separate from the house. I also think everything below ground would stay warm enough, but I've not done this before, so I just wanted some advice on how to do it appropriately. I want the pump...
  4. Elinger

Winterizing well

After taking a closer look at the well this weekend, I think it is a submersible pump (picture in well house attached). There is no visible pump. We are having a cool week, so I went ahead and turned off the power and drained all the water out that I could from the faucet at the well house and...
  5. Elinger

Winterizing well

I live in Tennessee. It does not stay below freezing all winter but we can have weeks at or below freezing at a time. We have had the pump freeze up before during the winter and of course there are usually a couple of power outages each winter. My father used to hook up a portable heater in the...
  6. Elinger

Winterizing well

Thank you for the replies. I don't have any experience with well pumps, but I believe it is a deep well jet pump. What should be done in that case? Based on what Sam said, I'm starting to think this is something I should get someone with more experience to help with. Can most plumbers handle...
  7. Elinger

Winterizing well

I am taking care of my grandparents old place and the well is only used to water plants outside (i.e. it does not feed into the house). The well will not be used in the winter and I am concerned about it freezing. I do not like the idea of leaving a heater running unattended. What should be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks