Recent content by EFS

1. EFS

Kohler P-trap CP-9033 installation

I am CT- anybody who knows whether they are allowed in CT?
  2. EFS

can this "spigot" trap adapter be recessed into the wall?
  3. EFS

Hello, I have Kohler P-trap model: 9033-CP That needs to be installed and the installer told me it cannot be installed with the flange that is supplied as the flange is too shallow. What he left me with is: I contacted Kohler and got nowhere as they send me a link to installation...
  4. EFS

vents

if what is shown on the picture is "vent stack" than following applies: "Every building in which plumbing is installed shall have at least one stack the size of which is not less than one-half of the required size of the building drain. Such stack shall run undiminished in size and as directly...
  5. EFS

vents

what pitch? that vent was cut down during re-roofing; it used to go straight all the way trough the roof. There is plenty of space to run it as it was. The only difference is that we have cricket roof over it now, so it needs to be ~ 5.5 ft longer.
  6. EFS

vents

what is it then if not a waste stack vent? There is no other vent for the stack. The inspector had not seen this one. I think that the code is dictating a "minimum" and there are also "best practices" which may dictate work that is better just because it works better and it is beyond the...
  7. EFS

vents

the reduction shown on the picture is from 4" to 1.5".. This is an extension of the main waste stack. This particular waste stack collects waste on the second floor from one toilet and in the basements gets waste from all the other fixtures as listed below (which are all individually vented...
  8. EFS

vents

I have two stacks in the basement. One was (and will be when the addition is done) serving toilets and all bathrooms (2.5) and this is the stack vent on the picture (i.e. the one that was reduced by the plumber to 1.5, maybe 2 I had not measured). My understanding of the code was that the vent...
  9. EFS

vents

this the vent from the main stack (which is 4 inches) and it is suppose to combine with other vents (from individual fixtures) in the attic so one vent will go through the roof. My concern is whether the vent can be reduced in size on its way upas shown on the picture?
  10. EFS

vents

I guessed so by now... what are my options? Ask the inspector to come back and have a closer look?
  11. EFS

vents

is this OK?
  12. EFS

plumbing in my new masterbath

PS. The plumber who did the work has a valid CT license. We checked it.
  13. EFS

quote:"Find a licensed plumber to redo this, and no pay until an inspector approves the work. You might be able to persuade the hack to return what you paid him by telling him if he doesn't return you money, you'll turn him in to the authorities for practicing without a license. .." well...
  14. EFS

Quote: quote; (per suggestion from our friend who knew more about plumbing than we did) I suspect he does NOT know that much about plumbing, even if he knows more than you do. And if you had asked for them on the basis of HIS suggestion, I would have told HIM to put them in, because the ones I...
  15. EFS

this is correct- about the wires being not in a plane of the wall... The "A" for plates is not for that plumber really- there were little plates (like the ones electrician uses) when he left- we asked for those big ones (per suggestion from our friend who knew more about plumbing than we did)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks