Recent content by Edrrt

1. Edrrt

Can I run two 20A ovens off a 80A circuit?

I am replacing a wall oven from the '60s and would like to put two appliances in the space. In the back I have wiring for two hots going back to twin 40 amp breakers in the main panel that are linked together and a neutral. There's no ground. Would it be somehow possible to run both appliances...
  2. Edrrt

Ok to ground to gate post instead of driving a rod? (pic)

The EGC was bonded to the box. The electrician commented he wanted me to ground the box 'instead of running a wire all the way back to the panel.' Which confused me. No GFCI breaker at the panel. This uses #8 wire about 300 feet to an existing circuit in an out building which is an additional...
  3. Edrrt

Ok to ground to gate post instead of driving a rod? (pic)

Electrician ran a GFCI outlet into driveway gate control box to charge the 12V battery that runs the gate. As 120v is now in the metal enclosure it should be grounded. The soil is very rocky and I'm unsure if it will take a grounding rod. However the gate post right next to it is 5x5" steel set...
  4. Edrrt

Is this this main panel dangerous?

It's an old ranch from the 1850's. It's a mix of old and new. You have brand new breaker panels, right next to old knob and tube. In come cases they are plumbed togeather. It's bazare. I can't even figure out what supplies what because of all the crisscrossing tie ins. Here are two 220 pumps...
  5. Edrrt

I think I may have found the trouble point. The wires coming out of the weather head on the side of the building that splice to the power drop just out of frame look like the insulation is toast. It looks like plywood was placed over the exterior wall at some point partially covering the weather...
  6. Edrrt

This connects to the meter above and feeds several breaker panels down stream for an entire ranch (house/ several barns/ pool/ pumps). Some of the legs in the barns are still fused/ knob/ tube. I intermittently lose one leg and traced it back to the main box shown. Noncontact voltage sensor...
  7. Edrrt

Overheating 1hp Goulds Pumps

I wish I knew I could have used some other piping other than galvanized. I thought I read somewhere that the pump required galvanized pipe for grounding and also heat dissipation. Fitting up the galvanized was definitely a pain, expensive, and while those pipes are cerca 1991 the amount of rust...
  8. Edrrt

You think it's important that I move it?
  9. Edrrt

Installing a new pump. It has the pressure switch attached. Is it better to use the existing pressure switch attached to the pipe downstream and plug the one on the pump?
  10. Edrrt

Are there any other checks that I can do on the pressure tank? The salesman today stated that his guy told him the pressure tank was bad and so that needs to be replaced. Now they're also saying to solve the pump problem I should get a 2 horsepower pump with a variable speed motor and the...
  11. Edrrt

T I cant get it to draw less than 8.5amps without restricting the inflow to the pump. It runs on a pressure switch. 40-70 psi. At any point between 40-70psi it is drawing over 8.5amps. Reguardless of the number of sprinklers, pump clicks on... high amps. If only turn one faucet on it will...
  12. Edrrt

It was the only number on the pump. Any other place to look? The salesman quoted 20gpm. I'd say it prob produces about that.
  13. Edrrt

I posted a photo of it in the thread. It doesn't come back to anything I can find online but since my dealer says it's a 20 gallon per minute model it should be the equivalent of the goulds 10GB I'm guessing. I contacted the manufacturer to ask if they had any information on the model number and...
  14. Edrrt

Since the pump is over amping and likely shot as the most plausible explanation I'm going to replace it first. Should I: A) Get a 1hp jetpump (hj100s). Idea being it is less efficient and will likely run continuously under high daw likely eliminating the need for a CSV. Prob goes down to...
  15. Edrrt

Would a csv serve the purpose of a flow restrictor? Does a ball halve need to be before the pressure tankbabd or pressure switch? I just didn't see the amps drop under the service factor when the line pressure was high just before shutoff so I'm not sure if it will help. I still don't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks