Recent content by Eddie_T

1. Eddie_T

Kohler Lady Vanity Cartridge Drip

Good news, today the drip stopped. I had forgotten that years ago when I was replaced a seat in a valvet sometimes it would drip for several days until the seat conformed to the brass. The new seals are different but still require some patience. With the ¼ turn ceramic valve maybe it will never...
  2. Eddie_T

I do like the quarter turn of the replacement if I can just get it to seal properly.
  3. Eddie_T

Kohler customer service seemed willing to help and asked for pictures. After seeing pictures indicating a total of eight valvets needing replacement I got this reply, "The valvet used in the shampoo faucets would be part #22932; I do apologize, this valvet is no longer available directly...
  4. Eddie_T

Kohler Valvet, What stem is this?

Will the old bonnet nut fit the GP330002?
  5. Eddie_T

Braided Toilet Supply Line Suspicion

In trying to decide whether to use a ⅜" comp or ½" comp shut off valve I suddenly wondered does the mfgr use the same size hose inside the SS braided lines for the two sizes of connector?
  6. Eddie_T

Wrench For Stop Valve Crown Nut

I was hoping someone had been there. Getting a good pic would be difficult, I'll just improvise. I'll determine size of crown nut by removing the handle and finding socket that fits. Then I'll either try a deep well socket or make a stubby wrench. I would have to remove the toilet to replace...
  7. Eddie_T

Wrench For Stop Valve Crown Nut

I need to renew the stem packing for a toilet stop valve. Access and visibility are very limited. Is there a special stubby wrench or deep well socket that plumbers use in these circumstances? It seems to be 3/4" but I am not certain of this as wrench handle length is in the way. I am having to...
  8. Eddie_T

Kohler Rochelle Toilet, Replace or Repair

I notice the OEM replacement flush balls have a recess on top that will hold water. I am thinking that is to add weight to aid in closing the diverter valve. I have been using generic balls that don't have this so have a couple of OEM balls on order. I am going to stick with my Rochelles as they...
  9. Eddie_T

After finding the right part number I found better options online. A direct replacement assembly for $254.77, a used one (damaged packaging) for $193.33 and a conversion kit for $80.59. The conversion kit is plastic and converts it to a 3.6 gpf which I don't want to risk with a low profile...
  10. Eddie_T

Thanks, especially for adding the a picture of flush mechanism so all can see. I guess that the bad press on new models is mostly because people w/o problems don't tend to post. That's why I trust your advice. I like the looks of the Kohler San Raphael in sand dune or thunder grey as they come...
  11. Eddie_T

My two Rochelles have been in use 47 years. The one that gets the most use is having some flush valve problems. They use a flush ball which I have replaced a number of times. Replacements seem to use aluminum rods with a slight brass finish. I have been forming and threading rods out of copper...
  12. Eddie_T

Faucets sputtering intermittently on well

Thanks for the clarification, it was a schrader. The system worked well for over 25 years, I guess the air was absorbed by the water as excessive air wasn't experienced very often. This mtn water pH finally resulted in a pressure tank leak and I went to a bladder tank. I don't like it as well, I...
  13. Eddie_T

Pr e -insulated PEX Tubing

Mike, you're right about no difference in the delay. My biggest concern is the additional waste of hot water in purging cold water from 3/4" vice 1/2" pipe. I may just have to live with it as I am not interested in working in a crawl space attic (roof pitch is 4 in 12).
  14. Eddie_T

Pr e -insulated PEX Tubing

My home is a 2400 sq ft slab on grade single story with a well. Several years back I had to re-plumb in the overhead due to a copper tubing leak under the slab. In the interest of keeping head loss down I re-plumbed with 3/4" PVC for both hot and cold. That was a mistake as I now have to deal...
  15. Eddie_T

Faucets sputtering intermittently on well

Probably not applicable here but my initial installation of a submersible had a flapper valve below the top section of pipe and a Schroeder valve at the top. Every pump start pushed the air in that section to the tank. I would occasionally get sputtering due to too much air. When the submersible...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks