Recent content by Ed Rucker

1. Ed Rucker

New Submersible Pump new Drop Pipe Water has burnt rubber smell

Yeah, I'm aware of the potable water garden hoses. I thought it would all be purged and really didn't matter. I'll be sure to use one in the future. Your theory about a bottom-feeding well may be right on. Anyway, I pumped and purged all day yesterday and things once again seem to be cleared up...
  2. Ed Rucker

The pressure tank is a 50-year-old galvanized model, no bladder. The well has been out of service for a month. It was really rusty at first after shock treatment but cleared up after an hour of pumping out. At first I thought it might be from the garden hose I used to recirculate the water and...
  3. Ed Rucker

The title says it all. New Submersible Pump new Drop Pipe, water has a burnt rubber smell. What do I look at first?
  4. Ed Rucker

Will a 1HP CSCR Controller work on a 1HP CSIR Motor

My previous control box of some 30 years or so was a Red Jacket. As far as I know the capacitors in it have never been replaced. I'm sure that's some kind of record... They just don't make em like that any more do they? I've ordered a CSCR control box. I'm going to check the current with and...
  5. Ed Rucker

Judging from information gleaned from Grainger, Franklin rates their 1HP CSCR control box at 7.1 amps and their 1HP CSIR control box at 9.8 amps. One might read that as a really substantial increase in efficiency. 38% in fact. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what I see.
  6. Ed Rucker

My mistake, it appears that a CSIR can be either a 2 wire (capacitor and centrifugal switch on the motor) or a 3 wire (capacitor and switch in a control box, (what I have)). As Reach stated, in the past one could run a 3 wire motor either with a CSIR controller (only a start capacitor) or with a...
  7. Ed Rucker

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a 2 wire motor you're describing? Maybe an RSIR? The motor I have is a 3 wire (+ground).
  8. Ed Rucker

Will a 1HP CSCR Controller work on a 1HP CSIR Motor? Are CSCR motors the same as CSIR motors? Are the start windings the same? Seems like a good idea to me, am I missing, anything? Any thoughts on this are appreciated
  9. Ed Rucker

Poly SIDR 7 in Texas

Well, that's perfect! Thank you. I wouldn't have even known to look for those. Gonna make a poly puller out of something. Found wheelbarrow wheels for $12. with a trip to the local scrap yard I figure about $50 total for a decent puller. I have 2 weeks to complete before the poly gets in
  10. Ed Rucker

Poly SIDR 7 in Texas

Do they make long barbs? I haven't seen any. Sounds like a good idea. The well people here are months behind so I'm doing this out of necessity, in addition to several thousand dollars in savings.
  11. Ed Rucker

Poly SIDR 7 in Texas

That is what I bought, Kinda. This: https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pipe-fittings/polypipe-fittings/1-sidr-7-250-psi-potable-water-poly-pipe/15230/p-1448639690030-c-8570.htm I grew weary of hunting. This should be in, in about 2 weeks at the Branson, MO store. It's by far the best price...
  12. Ed Rucker

Poly SIDR 7 in Texas

Absolutely agree with this... Now to find some that is currently available, 300 feet long and rated 200 or 250 PSI On another note, I gave up on the layflat hose because it's just way too costly. Like 300% to 500% more than poly.
  13. Ed Rucker

Poly SIDR 7 in Texas

My brief research has seemed to indicate that IPS = Iron Pipe Size. IPS is the same as SIDR = Standard Inside Dimension Ratio IPS and SIDR sizes are the ID size The other common poly pipe sizing convention is CTS = Copper Tubing Size aka SDR (not sure what SDR stands for). CTS and SDR poly pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks