Recent content by eaglemtn

1. eaglemtn

Furnace exhaust pvc pipe leaking water at joint

I had the furnace replaced three years ago. This winter I noticed water leaking from one of the pvc pipe joints in the exhaust pipe. I hung a bucket under the pipe to see how much water was leaking. I would guess that in a month's time in a MN winter, probably 2 quarts leaked. What would...
  2. eaglemtn

Shower/Bathtub combo leaking water to lower floor

I can't remember looking at the strainer basket to see if a chunk was attached - maybe that's what happened. The rubber gasket is still there. I remember seeing that. Through the access hole from the bottom I can see it's not leaking, but I'll remember your comments next time I have to...
  3. eaglemtn

Hi Folks - wanted to provide status on how this issue was resolved. I was looking at opening the wall behind the bathtub - which was in a closet. I also noticed that the ceiling in a closet below the bathtub would probably provide visibility to the drain. I took off the escutcheon on the...
  4. eaglemtn

Thanks for the info. When you mentioned that the leak is on the water supply side that has pressure, (before the on/off valve), wouldn't that mean that water would be leaking all the time? It's probably best to just go ahead and open up the wall. I can try the various experiments, but it...
  5. eaglemtn

Hi, during a recent use of the bathtub on the second, we suddenly noticed water coming through the head jamb of a closet on the first floor. I'd like to figure out how to check this out. Here is what I know: 1. The previous day, someone was going to use the shower of the bath/shower combo. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks