Recent content by Dzimm27

1. Dzimm27

Fleck 5810SXT brine draw issue

Checked on this further today. Manual suction works on the brine line from the fitting when removed from the valve head (yrch!), so that left me with suction loss either at that joint or further into the valve head or venturi nozzle. I put some food safe lube I have for keg fittings on the o...
  2. Dzimm27

I pulled the lock pin from the side and pulled out the fitting from the valve head. This included the compression fitting for the brine line behind that. I am not familiar enough to know where the injector is but will look that up. Will also go back and look at the o ring on that fitting in...
  3. Dzimm27

Thanks for the reply @Bannerman! Well, initially the water spewing out the side of the valve at the brine tube fitting made me assume it was stuck in brine fill, but at that point, GFCI was tripped and power was out to the valve heads. In recollection the water level in the tank had dropped...
  4. Dzimm27

I am in Fort Worth, Texas and was part of the recent power outage/freeze debacle. We made our pretty good as we have no pipe bursts we have found s of yet in spite of being without water for a while due to frozen pipes. Out softener runs with a Fleck 5810SXT and power came back on when there...
  5. Dzimm27

Fleck 5810SXT ER code

Plenty compelling, and I plan to do so. Just curious if there were other benefits/drawbacks to understand. I am curious as to why I didn’t go down this pathway originally (custom programming probably not discussed) and why I have not had bridging issues considering I have this in a Texas...
  6. Dzimm27

Fleck 5810SXT ER code

Oddly, in looking - the service manual that came with the unit (thanks dittohead) DOES list dFFF, but the installer manual I found that had more information and I think I primarily used during doing the initial settings does NOT. I will have to look at my valve controller to see if the...
  7. Dzimm27

Fleck 5810SXT ER code

Here are my settings in this post that you and others helped me with. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/water-softener-filter-system-needed.73468/page-3#post-549619 I do not have a RF=DFFF option. Wish I did. Just to confirm, the message was an ER with a flashing exclamation...
  8. Dzimm27

Fleck 5810SXT ER code

Not an option in my case and I use potassium for this reason
  9. Dzimm27

Fleck 5810SXT ER code

Other than I explained above, all I can think of is that it went to ER and a 60 minute timer right after entering the BD phase, but it did show BD for a short while. Before I cleaned out the 1-1.5" salt that had formed into a solid mass at the bottom of the brine tank (I need to put in more...
  10. Dzimm27

Fleck 5810SXT ER code

I have a 5810SXT that we noticed seems to be regenerating more often than expected. When I walk it through its cycles it goes to a step with function code ER and an exclamation point in a circle below it and a time of 60:00 and it starts counting down. Pressing the regen button moves it to the...
  11. Dzimm27

RO Filter sanitization

Dittohead/others, How do you all sanitize your RO system? I have an Impact Water Products RR453 unit with 3 Omnipure Q series type twist on cartridges and a Pentair GRO membrane. Instructions say to remove the filters prior to sanitizing with bleach. I have found some Omnipure empty...
  12. Dzimm27

Water Softener/Filter System Needed

All - wanted to follow up here. Found several great plumbers who gave bids and selected one to do the install. Here is the final product, and I am very happy. Note the three valve bypass he put in as well as the pre-filter/softener hose bibb on the wall (there is also an additional shutoff on...
  13. Dzimm27

Yeah it is a quick disconnect but you have to lift it out of position to disconnect once removing the clip. If plumbed in with hard pipe, there is no movement to allow that. Right? Well, I suppose 3/4” PVC may have some flex if there is a far enough run from the wall. Is this the idea?
  14. Dzimm27

I agree on all three, but Even if it is a quick disconnect, if hard plumbed I would imagine you would have to replumb it any time you disconnect or move a tank (rare), right?
  15. Dzimm27

Thanks guys. Reach4 - yes, I will be coming off the water main before it goes into the foundation, coming up out of the ground to enter the garage wall to get to the softener, then pop right back out from the softener and into the ground to tie back into where the main enters the foundation...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks