Recent content by dyoungers

1. D

Why Galvanized Tank and Bladder Tank?

Thanks guys ... couldn't think of a good reason to keep the galvanized tank but wanted to get a second opinion ... I will take it out when I remove the bad bladder tank Dave
  2. D

Why Galvanized Tank and Bladder Tank?

I just discovered that my bladder tank (Well-X-Trol WX-203) failed so I'm looking to replace it ... I also have a galvanized pressure tank (the bladder tank is closest to the water source) so I'm wondering why I have both, and whether I can pull both tanks out and replace them with one (bigger?)...
  3. D

Root Removal Problem

There was no contract ...
  4. D

Root Removal Problem

I don't have a copy of her bills but I believe she said around $500 for drain cleaning and around $2500 for digging up the street
  5. D

Root Removal Problem

sorry to be slow in responding to this but ... it's my understanding that after they dug up the line and removed the root cutter, the only thing they did was add PVC to the existing 4" cast iron so that it would drain into the city's clay tile (since they had to break the last section of clay...
  6. D

Root Removal Problem

thanks for all the comments ... I guess I'm not crazy after all :)
  7. D

Root Removal Problem

My daughter had her floor drain backup and called in a drain service to check things out ... they ran a root cutter into the 4" main and ended up getting it stuck ... at that point they said the line must be damaged and ended up calling in a construction company to dig up the street to retrieve...
  8. D

Well System Questions

I'm a little busy right now but will look at increasing the pressure when I get some time ... and thanks for all the help!
  9. D

Garbage Disposal Poll - Plumbers & Home Owners

our dishwasher is to the left of the sink and when my wife asked me to put in a double bowl sink she also decided that she wanted the disposer to be on the right ... not that she won't change her mind ;)
  10. D

Well System Questions

First, thanks for the reply and here is some more info based on your questions/suggestions :) The flow rate appears to be about 10 gpm (give or take) ... about 5 gallons in 30 seconds As far as the pump, the Franklin plate is attached to a box that says Webtrol by Weber Industries ... so...
  11. D

Well System Questions

After reading everything I could find related to the subject here at this site I thought I'd ask a couple of dumb questions :) Since I am new to well systems this started as an exercise in trying to figure out if there was a way to get better water pressure to my garden but in the process I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks