Recent content by DYIDan

1. DYIDan

Looking for best practices on p-trap placement

Thanks for the response, I hate it when they glue threaded fitting. I was mainly looking for info on how far the trap could safely be from the vent stack.
  2. DYIDan

Looking for best practices on p-trap placement

Remodeling kitchen sink area. My current stub out is about 20” from the vent stack, I’m installing a large single sink with the drain in the right back corner (Elkay ECTRU24169RTWC) with garbage disposal. Would it be better to have the p-trap closer to the disposal (about 33” from vent stack) or...
  3. DYIDan

Roman tub remodel

OK gotcha. In the Nobel video they show putting the water proof fabric over the mud bed then the thin set for tiling. How long before i can tile over the newly set mud bed? Next day I assume? Dan
  4. DYIDan

Roman tub remodel

John thanks for your reply, let me try to describe the project better. The tub/shower is about 12 inches below floor grade. I'm filling it in to make a curbless shower. To raise the existing I plan on filling the tub (area) with compacted fill sand (approx 6") then pouring a 4" slab over it...
  5. DYIDan

Roman tub remodel

In case it was not clear the moisture control/movement I'm referring to is for the curing of the cement products. Thanks Dan
  6. DYIDan

Roman tub remodel

I'm filling in a sunken roman tub and have a couple of question about the best practice for the slab. I'll use sand for the bottom fill up to where I'll start the concrete slab which will be around 4" thick with reinforced with rebar anchored into the walls, then covered with a mud deck, covered...
  7. DYIDan

Suken tub remodel questions

Thanks for the response.The riser is to the right just the other side of the toilet, (3/4 ft) I would like to avoid inserting a new tee as the cast iron riser will be hard the brace /support as well as my concerns with cutting the stack. Did plenty of cast iron plumbing in the 70's and would...
  8. DYIDan

Suken tub remodel questions

Hey, guys, I’m Dan (new here) and I have a remodel project that I need your expertise on. The sunken tub in question was originally built in 1970. This (Florida) house has a concrete slab base and no access from below. I’m wanting to fill in this sunken tub and turn it into a floor level...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks