Recent content by dyeager535

1. dyeager535

Frozen Kinetico, options/questions on "proper" install

"You can't tell if the tanks are bad by looking. Same for the distributor tubes; one in each tank that you said later has been more or less pounded down into the resin. " That's not what I said, I said I tamped it down. Full of water, the stuff is like quicksand. It took no force whatsoever to...
  2. dyeager535

Thanks for the diagram! Any chance you've got it in a larger format? I lose resolution when I expand it. :( Took the system apart. Only issues I could find are the cracked back half of the bypass valve housing which was obvious before, and the cracked bottom housing of what is shown in the...
  3. dyeager535

I appreciate the thoughts. I'm not so caught up in the price (however the thought of throwing that much money down the drain in such a short period does still raise my blood pressure), just the fact that I don't KNOW what else is wrong with it. A couple of housings and a bunch of PVC pipe aren't...
  4. dyeager535

If the pictures requested were for the cracks, please let me know...I wasn't sure if the request for pictures was to identify model, or diagnose how bad it was...I'll have to highlight the cracks if so, none are split wide open. As to pressure, it's about 60PSI...it's in the garage on concrete...
  5. dyeager535

No worries with the additional question! The install was approximately $3500. They told my wife it would be the same price to come back in and do it all over again, which I understand. Without knowing the parts markup, or what I should look at for "typcial" failure from freezing, I can't...
  6. dyeager535

Let's see if these pics work! And the remains: If more detailed shots, or particular components are needed to be seen, let me know. The two tanks positions are obviously reversed from when they were installed. In the first picture, the housing with the lever on it (to select...
  7. dyeager535

Hi! First things first, I want to say that I tried searching the forum before posting, but search isn't working for me. So if this has been posted, apologies. This is going to be a long one. I bought a Kinetico system about 6 months ago. Longer story short, the house was vacated for a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks