Recent content by DVMSteve

1. DVMSteve

Supplying 110 receptacles from 240v breaker?

Great! Thanks once again for your information. I really appreciate how (many of) you contribute your time and expertise. I would do the same for pet owners on a veterinary forum if only I had more time!
  2. DVMSteve

I tried to draw what I think HJ meant, and I wanted to see if this is what you had in mind:
  3. DVMSteve

Prominent in the manual, the half-wattage conversion is done by simply removing a jumper wire designed for this purpose from the heating element. I like HJ's idea of wiring half of the outlets with one leg and the other half with the 2nd. Thanks for all of the input, folks.
  4. DVMSteve

Weird; I typed a lengthy reply this morning, hit "Post", and then my iPad went kerflooey. Wouldn't navigate back to the website and kept giving me a "URL not found" or some such error message. Now from work a much shorter reply... GFCI and tamper proof, check. AFCI....oops. Thanks for the...
  5. DVMSteve

Thanks, Jim. The install manual for this unit says it doesn't need a dedicated circuit. "Power can be tapped from a nearby circuit depending on the heater wattage required and the amperage rating of the circuit. Heater can be converted to half-wattage to avoid overloading such circuits"...
  6. DVMSteve

Finished with the plumbing and framing, I've moved on to wiring for my basement remodel, and I have a question about wiring receptacles. There are already many on the basement walls, about 6' off the floor, some of which feed first floor receptacles. My original plan was to re-wire these, and...
  7. DVMSteve

Basement bath vent check

What a week; thanks for the replies. A Kelly fitting is my term for a two-way clean out. I must have read it somewhere. And my drawing must really stink, HJ, because my #2 on the drawing is supposed to be the vent for the WC. From the vertical standpipe, a long sweep 90 starts the 3" main...
  8. DVMSteve

Basement bath vent check

Took a break from cutting and breaking up concrete to search briefly for some free or cheap software that would allow me to make isometric plumbing drawings. For a Mac. Anybody have any good program ideas? I looked briefly at iDraw, but wasn't able to determine from the description or App...
  9. DVMSteve

Basement bath vent check

Having lived with and thought about this forever, I fail to realize that the drawing is not completely obvious to one just glancing at it without ESP to figure out what I'm thinking. Thanks for your reply. The drawing is stupid in that the wider horizontal dashed set of lines represents the 6"...
  10. DVMSteve

Basement bath vent check

Greetings again from NC. My project is finally underway. Major delay was saving cash, and then getting the HVAC guys to move units and ducts. Yesterday I broke the concrete and dug the big hole for the sewage ejector pit. Today is (was?) going to be the DWV. I thought I had a good plan...
  11. DVMSteve

How to connect Zoeller poly sewage basin?

And the answer is: my supply guy called Zoeller while I was there. There was a missing hardware bag that was supposed to be there when the unit shipped. I didn't know to look for it. They're mailing it to me, and it will have the required gaskets and seals.
  12. DVMSteve

OK, well, I thought it might mean that it is intended to be entirely buried in the dirt, like in an outside installation. Still, what about the lid and connection to the discharge pipe? Will this work, or do I need to return what I have to the supplier and have them order something different...
  13. DVMSteve

While taking some pics to post, I saw something on the lid. The underside of the lid shows the poly sleeve that looks as though it is intended as a coupling. No rubber grommets in sight. The top of the lid shows the threaded connection with the 2" PVC below that slides into it. Then there is...
  14. DVMSteve

Thanks anyway, Jim. Anybody else? Lid fits down onto the discharge pipe coming off the pump, and that alone makes a secure connection?
  15. DVMSteve

Thanks for the clarification, Jim. So, last two little questions: Fernco coupling on the vent line, at the same level as the one on the discharge to allow removal of the lid? And, internally in the basin: discharge pipe rises to slip a little ways into the integrated sleeve in the lid, above...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks