Recent content by dusty12

1. dusty12

Bathroom Venting and 2x4 walls

It’s true, as far as I can tell, the kitchen is the only vented fixture. For now, all of the second floor fixtures are offline, so I think that 3” waste line is currently functioning as a vent. The previous owner took a lot of shortcuts all over the house that I am working my way through. When I...
  2. dusty12

Thanks for the advice on the laundry room. I do think that it is siphoned out every so often. As for the kitchen (and bathroom) the sinks are both p traps. I would guess that the AAV is fairly old. Aside from hearing gurgling at the sink when the toilet flushes, we haven't had any issues there...
  3. dusty12

I recently bought a 150 year old home in NY where the previous owner seems to have taken a lot of shortcuts. As it stands I think that they did not put in adequate venting. Our toilet clogs regularly, sometimes our laundry room has a sewer smell, and our kitchen sink gurgles when you flush the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks