Recent content by Dunner

1. Dunner

New residential water well in North Texas. Running into problems

Update: Still have the well running on a timer. Still get a bit of cloudy water upon startup (aprx 2 minutes after start up). Plan is to keep running it on timer until it clears up. Driller seems to think this is fairly normal.
  2. Dunner

Reach4, I am going to use this soap analogy with the well guy tomorrow. Very good thought and makes sense.
  3. Dunner

Update: Well driller is coming out tomorrow to put a time on it. Any idea if i can still pressure the house for toilet flushes while on timer? Or at least go down to workshop a couple of times a day to allow for flushing?
  4. Dunner

I ran the hose of the pressure tank at 1/2 gallon per minute over night but still cloudy. Back in the workshop today running off the well head 15 minutes on 30 minutes off. sure hope this cleans up soon!
  5. Dunner

this is my working theory. So casing is 740 with a 10 foot spud then the screen. So the pump is part 100 ft above the screen.
  6. Dunner

Ah ha water pro and valve man I see what you are saying now. The pump will run at full pressure to fill the 80 gallon tank (which at 25 per minute pump rate will only a few minutes) The the slow drain off will rest the pump until it hit 40 psi then kick on to fill the tanks again. Rinse repeat...
  7. Dunner

Also from the lasT couple of cycles what I am seeing is after pump kicks on it take about 4 minutes to cloud up ( the cloudy water does not settle after time so I assume I am still cleaning out the “driller mud/ bentonite clay”) it then cleanup after another 10 minutes of runn time.
  8. Dunner

I must have misunderstood that 1/4 bpm Might not be enough to raise the debris. well is 740 deep with pump at 640. I have a 80 gallon pressure tank. I have 1 1/4 pvc pipe off the well head with a ball valve with 20 ft pvc running into to 5 gallon bucket and hose connected to the Hose bib at...
  9. Dunner

Ok check my thought here. Today on first turn on the well pumped cloudy water for 15-20 minutes than cleared up. Thinking if I’m trying to get the cloudy water out should I run the well for say 30 minutes, rest 15 minutes then repeat? That way I get many more cycles in shorter time frame. I had...
  10. Dunner

good news is if I can get the water to cleanup the TDS is only measuring 359 now.
  11. Dunner

lol I tried something similar about how we take things for granted and we should be thankful. That’s when she suggested I make the next run to wash clothes.
  12. Dunner

I have let it run for about 4-5 hours once as I fell asleep between cycles lol. Not sure if it would run dry overnight. I’ll take a glass with me on the next start up to see if it is sediment. this could make for a long weekend.
  13. Dunner

Update: on day three of new well. The drillers left a valve and 20ft pvc off the well head so I can run the well with out having it go through the house or pressure tank. I have been running it for an hour at a time then off for 1/2 hour then repeat. Water clears up to crystal clear during the...
  14. Dunner

Update: on well number 3 now, ugh! This one drilled to 740 and looks better at initial pumping. Only been running for an hour or so but water looks much better and is seeming to settle. Have it on a timer to run 1 hour and off for half hour on repeat. Will see what it looks like in the morning...
  15. Dunner

Hello all, My original well (only source of water for the house) was drilled ~12 years ago. The water from the original well was terrible (2800PPM TDS) and was only used for showers, washing toilets etc. The well pump and/or motor recently died so instead of pay 5-6 grand to pull and replace...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks