Recent content by dukehayduk

1. dukehayduk

modcon or not ?

Thank you. I have another question about what part of the heating load to pipe to the buffer/boiler. My radiant floor heat load is only 1/8 (if that) of the total house load. My baseboard represents the other 7/8ths. I did another heat load calculation (heatpro1 Flash estimator). This one came...
  2. dukehayduk

modcon or not ?

zeroing in on a system Thanks for all the help. I am pretty much decided to get quotes for the following system install. As a reminder, my heat load calculations come out to 40-45k btu/hr on a 0 degree day with delta T=72, I have a 100 feet of fin tube baseboard and 450 sq. ft. of radiant floor...
  3. dukehayduk

modcon or not ?

modcon or not Thank you thank you, phenomenal info. Your reply and the links confirmed that my contractor is still not sold on modcon's or completely understands them. A couple additional notes on my system ( I have done the construction myself fyi, as well as all the associated plumbing, minus...
  4. dukehayduk

modcon or not ?

Hi, I am brand new to this forum. I am looking to replace my 40 yr old oil fired boiler with a new boiler. My choices are fuel oil or propane. The old boiler dates from the original 900 sq ft slab on grade with double stack fin tube baseboar heating (circa 1965). I have increased the original...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks