Recent content by Duke

1. Duke

Care of Granite counters

Thanks Sam . That is the info I was leaning towards and your friend has confirmed it.
  2. Duke

Care of Granite counters

Any other thoughts other than the cancer issue.Sealing and cleaning is my question.
  3. Duke

Care of Granite counters

I am getting mixed messages on what is required to care for Granite counters.Friends say we need to apply a sealer and polish every year . The guy I bought it from says no need to seal since this was done along with polishing at the factory and is good for life. As long a water drops stay as...
  4. Duke

Cleaning broadloom carpets

What method is best in order not to damage or wear out carpets. Steam/ Chemical? orther?
  5. Duke

Anyone used HANFLO products

I have been looking for a way to install an easy to connect /disconnect on the vinyl pipe that draws water into the cottage pump from the lake.It would make it easier to pull out the lines in the fall. Today at Home Depot I found a connector/union from HANFLO. Since I am always sceptical that...
  6. Duke

Pump will not shut off: Pressure Switch?

I had a similar problem over the week-end when opening out cottage . I took a piece of emery cloth and cleaned off the points of the pressure shut-off then it worked properly
  7. Duke

Foot Valve

If I read the comments correctly the distance the FV is below the surface does not matter , But one must consider wave action to determine the surface between wave peak and trough....CORRECT?
  8. Duke

Foot Valve

I get my water from the lake.It is always a chore in spring wading out in freezing cold water to ensure that the foot valve is in water deep enough to have the system work. Is there a minimum depth that the FV has to be in order to pump water. I thought it had something to do with the local...
  9. Duke

Smoke generator

I want to test my bathroom and kitchen exhaust fan systems. I need a simple way to generate some white smoke in order to see if the exhausts are working properly. Any suggestion welcome.
  10. Duke

Connectors for plastic pipe

Is there a problem with using the stainless connectors outside ? Wouldn't they survive the harsh effects of minus 25f temperatures in winter better than plastic?.Pipes would be empty and on land then.
  11. Duke

Connectors for plastic pipe

I have to connect several pieces of the black plastic pipe used to pump water from a lake to my cottage. Which connectors are recommended ...steel or plastic?
  12. Duke

pressure tank bladder leak

Thanks for the comments: Para #3Why or when would I do this ? What does it solve if water comes out when I depress the core? Par#4 ..."metal tank leaks on the air side" what do you mean by air side please?
  13. Duke

Thanks for your prompt reply. What is the "Schrader Valve " ? I don't see any water at the base of the toilet so I doubt that it is leaking.
  14. Duke

Mike: Thanks for the info. I have a jet pump system at my cottage and I draw water from the Lake.The system is working but when no water is used the pump still comes on every 30 to 40 minutes and works for about 20 seconds. I cannot find any leaks on the intake pipe and I have replaced the foot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks