Recent content by Duaned

1. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT lower valve body replacement

Several years ago I replaced the head on my old (~25 years) Rainsoft system with a Fleck 5600SXT head. Recently it started leaking where it screws into the tank. In changing the o-ring and tightening it down part of the threaded area on the valve body broke off in the tank. Upon inspection I...
  2. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

Hach 5B test shows a hardness of 19. Rebuilding the head didn't help so I've replaced the media. It's producing soft water (<1 gpg) so far... Thanks everyone for your help. Duane
  3. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

Looks like the hardness is still about the same. I don't see it changing much as the supply is 100% from local wells within about a mile of each other and they all pull from the same aquifer.
  4. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

My brine tank has a usable capacity of about 19 gallons. I've never seen the water level high enough to engage the safety.
  5. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

So C- 21 and BF- 6 ?
  6. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

Wow, I knew my settings weren't optimal but I didn't think they were that far off. It does have the 0.5 gpm BLFC.
  7. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

It was drawing brine a couple day ago. When I cycled it yesterday it wasn't. The only reason I can think of is that I didn't get the seals/spacers seated correctly after I took it apart. I've ordered new seals, spacers, piston and brine valve for it which should arrive by Tuesday. I did not...
  8. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

After watching a video on replacing the piston/spacers/seals I suspect I didn't get the o-ring that goes below the brine valve back in. I came across an o-ring that I thought went somewhere else. That would probably explain why it's filling the brine tank when it should be drawing from it. Time...
  9. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

Ran another cycle. BW was normal but when it went to BD it was putting water into the tank, not drawing it out. From my limited knowledge it's looking like an internal leak. Maybe time for a new piston, seals and spacers?
  10. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

66 PSI currently.
  11. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

Hardness was 9 when the Rainsoft system was installed. I just copied that to the Fleck. We average a bit under 4 units (1 unit = 100cf or 748 gallons) per month. So about 3,000 gallons per month. Current settings are: DF- GAL VT- dF1b CT- Fd NT- 1 C- 48 H- 9 RS- rc RC- 300 DO- 14 RT- 2:00...
  12. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

I have no idea how much chlorine was in the water and it wasn't consistent. There would often be a strong chlorine smell noticed when taking a shower. We're on a small (~500 customer) water system located in a canyon in the mountains. Source is from wells and is pumped into six 200,000 gallon...
  13. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

I didn't consider the bypass valve as being part of the softening process and didn't think of the check valve. I was referring to the two valves that are directly controlled by the computer. It doesn't look like the tank is painted. I'll try that tonight. When I replaced the media (which was...
  14. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

The main valve and the injector valve. AFAIK the only other valve is in the brine tank to prevent overflow. So the controller is engaging the motor and it is advancing the cams which open and close the two valves.
  15. Duaned

Fleck 5600SXT hard water

There is brine in the tank, it's drawn out and then refilled. Just stepped it through a cycle and both valves are operating.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks