Recent content by dtraster

1. dtraster

Boys first time

Seems like a "family pack" of condoms is a serious misnomer. Just saying.
  2. dtraster

This is a GREAT forum -- deeply appreciated

I love it that I can come here in the middle of my project, find answers to questions from professionals and experienced do-it-yourselfers. You all have made my bathroom project go much more smoothly than it otherwise would have and I appreciate the advice and Mr. Love for starting, hosting...
  3. dtraster

Stack Test question...

Thanks HJ... wish I had known to ask the question before but I didn't. While not impossible to install a Tee at this point, it would be difficult. I suppose I could pull the toilet, plug the opening, run the test, and then reset the toilet.
  4. dtraster

Stack Test question...

I posted before and am now actually installing the drains. I need to do a stack test to make sure my new lines don’t leak. The portion of the drain that I’m installing is connected to an existing drain line from a remote half-bath. I can plug all the new stuff easily enough but how do I...
  5. dtraster

Don't worry; I'm not quitting my day job. But, I'm stuck.

HJ, sorry for the delayed response. It was a combination of trying to do a job with the wrong tools, lack of skill, and poor judgement. Like I said, I'm not quitting my day job!!
  6. dtraster

Don't worry; I'm not quitting my day job. But, I'm stuck.

How am I going to get the water lines to the shower valve???? The drawing is wrong. There’s a ¾†plywood floor between the 2x10 header and the wall shown in green. The wall hasn’t been installed yet. See photo. My original floor joists, at the top of the first photo and...
  7. dtraster

Shower trap out of three 90 degree ells?????

I'm aware that dry fitting isn't accurate. I was only going for the general idea here. I may have sacrificed a length of 2" pvc by cutting it too short but it seemed worth it to make sure that what I saw in my mind was really going to work and to get input from you all to make sure I wasn't...
  8. dtraster

Thank you Terry. I seem to recall that a 2" line could be up to 6' from the vent, which is just how far away the lav drain will be, but that's evidently my faulty memory at work. But even if it were permissible, there's no real reason not to do it so that what I was planning. And, BTW, this...
  9. dtraster

First, almost none of this is glued... this is a preliminary dry fit--so I can make almost any needed changes. I'm trying to figure out the layout before I start framing. It's my understanding that the vent for a 2" drain line can be several feet from the drain itself. In any event, this is a...
  10. dtraster

Here's what I think I'll end up using. Does this seem like a workable solution?
  11. dtraster

Is this permitted? Is it advisable?
  12. dtraster

A real puzzle - how to connect shower and sink drains with so little room

:-) You're a master of understatment!!! As you can tell, the sanitary tee on its side wasn't the only problem. You say "The new toilets don't work well with double fixture fittings"... So is the double wye a problem even though it's permitted? I want to do this right!! The plumbing tips...
  13. dtraster

A real puzzle - how to connect shower and sink drains with so little room

Having put this together, I think my options are to check to make sure that I can't find a fitting that fits on top of the double wye for the sink and the shower... I'm concerned that there won't be enough fall from across the bathroom where the sink will be. And, assuming that there's not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks