Recent content by dtaylo1066

1. D

closet bend size. lowes and HD not long enough

No offense taken, as I appreciate the great advice on this forum. A great forum for diy-ers like myself to get great pro advice. By the way: I went at my pvc piping from underneath via a 12"x24" cut I made in the ceiling drywal. I put a coupling in the line, then a short piece of 3" PVC pipe...
  2. D

Yes, thanks, as soon as I wrote that I understood. I must have swallowed a late night stupid pill. Appreciate it.
  3. D

Thanks much for reply, but how do you "stub up" a piece of PVC when you only have 1.75 inches of space to floor level to work with? Maybe I am just not envisioning it correctly.
  4. D

The 3" PVC closet bends at Home Depot and Lowes are not long enough to reach up from the 3" PVC horizonal waste line to the finished floor level. They come up short short and are 1.75 inches below finished floor level. My home is only 15 years old, so is the line too low or do I just need...
  5. D

Flange question

The 3 inch PVC waste pipe below my toilet is about 1.5 inches below the floor level (23/32 floor, plus thinset and 1/4 Hardie backerboard. Flanges at Home Depot and Lowes designed to slide down outside of the 3-inch PVC piple only reach down far enough to cover less than 1/2 inch of the pipe...
  6. D

flange 13.5 inches from wall

I am doing a diy bath remodel and installing a new toilet. due to the location of a joist, the center of the flange is 13.5 inches from the finished drywall on the back wall vs. the standard 12 inches, and tile is already installed, so an offset flange seems out of the question. will a 14"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks