Recent content by dsgt

1. dsgt

DXV Fitzgerald toilet and pedestal sink

I understand that part. Given that Porcher's Lutezia is the predecessor of the DXV Fitzgerald and most of the specs (excluding GPF and height of pedestal) appear the same, I thought that perhaps the old pedestal would fit the new basin. I'd rather not buy it then find that I am wrong and I...
  2. dsgt

DXV Fitzgerald toilet and pedestal sink

I am installing a DXV Fitzgerald toilet in a small powder room. Can I successfully put a DXV Fitzgerald 24" sink basin on a Porcher Lutezia pedestal? The DXV pedestal is too tall. If that won't work, does anyone know how similar (or not) the color of DXV is to Porcher? The sink will be next to...
  3. dsgt

Porcher Archive one-piece performance

Appearance is as important as performance. I see no reason not to have both. I don't want to become close friends with my plunger, but could live with a double flush on rare occasion if looking about the improved bath made me smile.
  4. dsgt

Thank you. I should have included that I am not interested in a Toto for this house.
  5. dsgt

Does anyone know how Porcher Archive performs compared to Kohler Memoirs one-piece?
  6. dsgt

3 handle tub/shower rebuild

New shower handles solved problem. Thanks to all for advice.
  7. dsgt

Thanks to both of you. I could not begin to explain the terms hub and sleeve. I looked a labeled diagram to learn how to describe the problem to people who actually understand plumbing. Someone who looked at a picture of my shower said all the stuff inside the wall needs to be moved further...
  8. dsgt

Thank you. Decision to rebuild is based on (a) need to shower and (b) not ready to rip out and replace the wall/floor tile yet. Can you tell me more about the remodel plates are you suggesting?
  9. dsgt

I just had a three handle tub/shower rebuilt using Price Pfister rebuild kit and the outcome is aesthetically unfortunate. The hub of the faucet handle is about an inch shorter than the sleeve and 1/2 inch larger in diameter. Apparently there are no parts that will allow the hub to fit flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks