Recent content by drjimmy

1. drjimmy

Gate Valve under Sink for Outside water

ask Ian, i was just following on what he said. physical, from being under sinks and crawling around in tight spaces, etc. I said I suffer pain from working in different positions I think he meant at the end of the day his back might feel stiff. thats what i took from his reply...
  2. drjimmy

You're right.. It's good to enjoy your work. I can see how what you guys do for a living gives a satisfaction as a payoff after putting together a working network of pipes or fixing somoene's woes or worries...I get just a very small taste of that if I am able to tackle something around the...
  3. drjimmy

Yea to me too! And i'm not even a plumber ! But after you guys pointed all the goofs up I get a kick out of this...Aren't you glad that there are such agressive diy's like me to bring such joy to you life...
  4. drjimmy

I just watched the video again and I'm LOL this time!! You're right the whole time he calls it "a gate valve" - does he even mention the word "ball valve" at all?? Also, did you notice the water dripping from the main water shut off..? Isn't that an issue? You think maybe they'd do a...
  5. drjimmy

Geesh....I honestly never thought this was anything but a professional way to show do it yourselfers - now I need to think twice about watching any of these do it yourself videos......Im in the PC help desk field, I guess if I watched how some people take apart CPUS, I'd be finding things and...
  6. drjimmy

when you say remove the top - is this taking off the handle, and taking off the packing nut - and then turning the bonnet ? I am sorry for getting easily confused - I've been trying to read up on this for days and I get easily confused. However, I think the since it's not stopping the...
  7. drjimmy

You know, nothing for nothing, but is the guy really some amateur ? ( not debating, just asking..). Why put together a website with multimedia if they are going to bypass some of the dangers especially to yourself, ie: no gloves... Just thinking out loud...Thought Villa was a respectable rep...
  8. drjimmy

hot.... Yea, I think I realize Im dealing with hot surfaces. No gloves on the dude in the video eh? I don't know if I'm gonna do this myself. As much as I find it fascinating to learn more and more about plumbing and house repair, I may leave this to a professional...Don't get me wrong...
  9. drjimmy

Cheaters! So I think I'm looking at this as the task at hand http://video.bobvila.com/m/21291655/replacing-a-leaky-valve.htm
  10. drjimmy

Water comes out of tub faucet during shower

thanks. that sounds calming...I will get a pic. I can only share images, since these fixtures were here when we bought the house - I dont know what the former owners bought and the handles aren't labled It's nice to have you guys on here to help us DIY'ers....always appreciate your time.
  11. drjimmy

I posted a while back about my freezing dripping outside valve. I've dealt with a leak getting past the seating of my gate valve that controls the outside valve for several weeks because I just now have the time to try and repair and/or fix the gate valve. I've attached 2 pictures of the...
  12. drjimmy

Water comes out of tub faucet during shower

the shower/bath option handle is between the hot and cold water - probably one of 200 million people that have the same option - but wanted to just say that so I can be clear on the set up. When we turn that handle up ( counter clock wise ) with the water running, it runs through the shower...
  13. drjimmy

Bathtub drain slow

Yea you are most likely right. I guess the off the shelf stuff just allows a clearance for a small part till it all builds up again. The money I spend on all of that liquid stuff over time I could just pay a plumber once to clear out and resolve my issue. Funny how you need someone to tell...
  14. drjimmy

Spigot Supply Valve - Pipe to outside spigot

jad - ladiesman - HJ - thanks for taking the time to respond to me. Hopefully, its just the washer on the water shut off in the house that has gone and is allowing the water to escape out in the back. Yea, the ground clamp - i was thinking perhaps the way it was installed with the screw in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks