Recent content by DripSplashDrip

1. DripSplashDrip

What to do about this bathroom fan?

@Mike Rock , the plywood is dark around where the vent exists the roof, does that mean the pipe needs to be aligned or how to fix that? I didn't notice that the insulation was damp. I included a photo of it in the first post.
  2. DripSplashDrip

What to do about this bathroom fan?

This bathroom fan is located in the attic and has ceased to function. What kind of bathroom fan is this? Can the motor be replaced? The fan is connected to pipes which go to two separate bathrooms. Also, there is a blackened area near where the pipe vents out of the roof and the insulation...
  3. DripSplashDrip

Water meter issue

According to their website the Flume 2 isn't allowed in Canada yet.
  4. DripSplashDrip

Water meter issue

I'll keep the PRV , good to know there's a smart device to monitor water flow, thanks for sharing the info.
  5. DripSplashDrip

Water meter issue

Thankfully my bill wasn't that much :eek: but it's all relative :( I'll turn off the water to the house and see if the water meter moves.
  6. DripSplashDrip

Water meter issue

Thanks for the quick replies. The water meter is digital and it measures down to the milliliter. If I turn on the faucet to a dribble, it does measure it. Regarding the toilets, they are leak free. I have checked multiple times and there isn't a drop missing. Sylvan, interesting that you...
  7. DripSplashDrip

Water meter issue

This past summer I was billed for an extremely high amount of water. The city installed a new water meter and it still showed unusually high water consumption. As a result, I have checked for leaks everywhere and cannot find one. The water consumed over one week can be twice the amount as...
  8. DripSplashDrip

How to replace broken PVC pipe at valve joint? Water keeps leaking

The area around the shut off is like mud. I think it's been leaking for some time. I'm going to rebuild the whole system and switch to a (real) drip. Good to know about too many connections.
  9. DripSplashDrip

There is no manifold apparently. There are only two green circular covers that house one valve each. Even with the water turned off there is still water leaking out of the pvc pipe. I need to figure out how to stop the leak.
  10. DripSplashDrip

Thanks Terry, I'll give that a go. Any ideas on why the water keeps dripping out of the PVC pipe? There isn't a backflow preventer on this irrigation system, is that important?
  11. DripSplashDrip

Can I reuse my old valve? Part of the PVC pipe is broken inside the valve. Also, the water keeps dripping out of the PVC pipe even though the water is shut off at the control box. As well, none of the other zones work. When I turn on any of the other 3 zones water gushes out of the broken pipe...
  12. DripSplashDrip

Metal flashing melted onto electrical wire

What about this? https://www.gardnerbender.com/en/p/HTP-1010/Black-Self-Sealing-Repair-Tape-1-inch-x10-inch#
  13. DripSplashDrip

Metal flashing melted onto electrical wire

It's above the kitchen. This wire comes from a long ways away, there's no way to rip it out without demolishing the house. I removed the copper strap and the section of the pipe that was leaking before I did the repair. In order to use the torch I had put metal flashing behind it to protect the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks