Recent content by driger

1. driger

Diaphragm expansion tank location on American Standard ng boiler

the problem is you really haven't given any advice other than to go write a blank check to a bunch of ripoff artists.
  2. driger

its being piped to about 90 feet of copper fin tube. and the old boiler barely kept the house warm. the basement where it sits is unfinished and the house is old. winters are also bitterly cold here. according to my calculation it's 20% oversized. if go with one a size smaller it's 20% undersized.
  3. driger

well, the estimates from the contractors were @$5500. you might be able to buy 3 boilers for that money. $3500 is a good sum of money to plumb 3 water pipes, a gas line, and connect 4 wires.
  4. driger

nhmaster- i'm really not sure why you even bothered posting such a comment, other than to try and make yourself feel important. obviously the diagram came from the instructions. and theres obviously more than one way to plumb it.
  5. driger

so with the air vent on top can xpansion tank simply be mounted under the pressure rv, as it is in with old american standard? or is the alternate setup shown the way to go? and it appear the fresh water fills via the air vent pipe, correct? thanx.
  6. driger

the slantfin boiler has a vent on top.
  7. driger

well i'm installing a new slantfin boiler anyway. it has an air vent on top. can the expansion be located at the pressure relief valve, or should it be on the heating loop?
  8. driger

i have an old ng American Standard 1bj1 105k btu natural gas boiler for baseboard heating(pictured). i notice the diaphragm expansion tank is located on the same pipe as the PRV that comes out the top of the boiler. i thought these tanks were suppose to be located on the heating loop piping near...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks