Recent content by Drewski123

1. Drewski123

Boiler Sizing

It's been a while since I've posted anything but at this point I am half way through the project. That having said, all loops are installed together with manifolds. Here is the problem. I do not like my contractors plans for the final installation within the mechanical room. I am not a pro just...
  2. Drewski123

Radiant Tube Sizing

Thanks Raspy. I've decided on joist track plates with 3/8" tubing, all within 200'. Another questions I have is about manifolds. I will have 8 loops on two zones. Which manifolds would you prefer, Uponor TruFLOW, or the EP ones. Also, I was considering actuators, but I am not sure if they are...
  3. Drewski123

Help choosing a control system and manifolds for Hydronic Heating

I need to decide on a control system for the hydronic heating and would love to hear you suggestions. A few detail of the project: • Navien CH-180ASME boiler • Uponor 3/8" PEX tubing installed 8â€OC with joist track panels • Zone 1 & 2 o Total 8 loops (1,600 feet of tubing) o...
  4. Drewski123

Radiant Tube Sizing

I've started planning each loop layout for the hydronic heating and was wondering if the return section of the orange loop can be used and installed in one of the bottom yellow plates. The bottom two yellow plates are under a closet and partially in the hallway. I was wondering of there still be...
  5. Drewski123

Radiant Tube Sizing

Thanks Dana. What would you recommend in order to minimize the chances of possible short-cycling in my situation?
  6. Drewski123

Boiler Sizing

Dana Here is some additional information: Radiant Tubing Volume: 15.1 gallons Total Flowrate: 3.2 GPM Total Assigned Circuit Length: 1,640 ft Here is the summary of the project. I appericate your responses. I've started reading about the panel radiators that you have mentioned, so I may go...
  7. Drewski123

Radiant Tube Sizing

Tom, Here are the calculated heat loads. Basement was not included in this calculation, but I am prepping the system to accomodate future baseboard installation. In terms of area, there there is enough space to accomodate 2 runs in each cavity.
  8. Drewski123

Radiant Tube Sizing

Thank you. Would you consider using 1/2" tubes with the Ultra-Fin plates 16" on center instead of 1/2" tubes with Uponor Joist Track heat plates 8" on center?
  9. Drewski123

Radiant Tube Sizing

My contractor has recommended using 3/8" tubing for hydronics that are going to be installed under the floor along with the Wirsbo Joist Track heat plates. My initial plan was going with ½†tubing. He says that there is no difference in heat transfer between 3/8†and 1/2†tubing with using...
  10. Drewski123

Boiler Sizing

There is only me and my wife in the house and we have only one bathroom plus a second will be added in the basement in the near future. We want to make sure that we will not have any problems with hot water while taking showers and having a washer running at the same time. Dana, would you also...
  11. Drewski123

Boiler Sizing

Hi Everyone. I am planning to replace my current heating system which is a conventional oil fired furnace (duct system), with a gas fired boiler (hydronic system) and have some boiler sizing questions. The new hydronic heating system will contain Wirsbo Joist Trak 1/2†heat transfer panels...
  12. Drewski123

Switched outlet

Thanks Bluebinky. The two single gang boxes that I am using are 20 cubic, so slightly more than going with 18 cubic boxes. I may go with a 4-square box + mud ring for at least the first box. In terms of the neutrals, do you mean not to tie the neutrals from the two outlets in the 3 gang box...
  13. Drewski123

Switched outlet

Thank you all. I forgot to mention, I could not find a better picture/diagram, so I found one with 14-2, 14-3 wiring. But in my case, I will be using 12-2 & 12-3. In terms of box fill, the first and the third box (outlet boxes) allow to have 8 conductors in each. The switch will be located in a...
  14. Drewski123

Switched outlet

hj, could you check the image and let me know if there is anything wrong with it? The plan is to have the bottom half of the two receptacales switched. Thank you. Drew
  15. Drewski123

Switched outlet

What's the proper way to wire 2 outlets where their bottoms are switched? I have 12-2 power in to the first outlet. Here I am debating which wire to use, 12-2 or 12-3 becuase the next box is a switch. After the switch, next is the second outlet. The second outlet is the end of the circuit. Is it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks