Recent content by draven8795

1. draven8795

Shower pan installation

Well I'm no expert myself but the mortor will level the pan for you you just need to press done on the spots that would be high and use a level the whole time.
  2. draven8795

Shower pan installation

So would one think that isn't in the instructions as it's just assumed there should be some thinset below it. Once it "squished down" was it pretty flush with the floor then?
  3. draven8795

Shower pan installation

I'm ready to install a new fiberglass shower pan into my bathroom remodel. In reading the instructions for the base it shows where to put the blocking and then says to drill holes throw the base and put screws through into the wall studs. There is no mention of using thinset or anything like...
  4. draven8795

Leveling floor joists

Well the sistered in 2x6s are almost complete the next question is the transition from the bedroom is an inch and a half of subfloor made up of a 1/2 inch plywood covered with with 3/4 inch particle board with fairly thick carpet on top To get the the transition height from the bedroom into the...
  5. draven8795

Leveling floor joists

One last question should I put the screws in from both sides (old joist side and new joist side) any sort of limit like X inches a part?
  6. draven8795

Leveling floor joists

Because I knew the floor was going to be out of level we decided in vinyl flooring even before we started. Then after taking some more precise measurements I realized how really out of level it was.
  7. draven8795

Leveling floor joists

Thanks for the info guys. Since the house is sitting the way it is I think I'm just going to leave it alone as far as trying to jack it up. I'll just tear out the rest of the subfloor and go get some 2x6s. Once this is done the project should hopefully start flowing again.
  8. draven8795

Leveling floor joists

Yea that was actually my next bit i was going to think about. Can they be glued and screwed to the other joists or do I need to put a bolt through a few spots?
  9. draven8795

Leveling floor joists

Doing a full bathroom remodel. I've ripped out about half the subfloor to replace rotted plywood. I'm thinking of ripping the rest out now because the floor is so out of level. From the outside wall to the interior wall the joists are almost an inch out of level over 5'. The house is...
  10. draven8795

12/2 with ground but outlet ungrounded

I wouldn't say I'm rural but on the outer skirts of a town. I had a surge protector plugged in but without the ground it sounded from my research that the surge protector wouldn't do anything. I'm going to call an electrician to come take a look and see if he can figure out anything. I found...
  11. draven8795

I didn't even have anything plugged into the GFI and I double checked that I had the load and line correct so something else is going on with it.
  12. draven8795

Great well I guess I'll call in an electrician to see what might be the problem. I added a GFI outlet because that was what the maytag man said but when i switched the power on it just tripped and wouldnt reset. Guess I'll call an electrician to see what he can diagnois. As for now i'm...
  13. draven8795

Its a gas cooking range. Basically I just need to know if by connecting a new ground wire from the 12/2 wire to the three prong outlet. Am I grounded? My outlet tester says I am i just want some confirmation. If a surge occurred without this ground connected could it have wrecked the...
  14. draven8795

Oh i think i mis-worded above. I have a 3 prong outlet already on the wall. However the actual three prong outlet does not have a ground wire connected to its ground screw. Whoever wired the house neglected to wire the ground wire to the outlet ground screw. Today I connected a piece of...
  15. draven8795

So my stove electronics died twice and finally tracked it down to the outlet not having a ground. I opened up the outlet and i do have 12/2 with a ground but the ground screw on the actually outlet is not connected. Can I simply connect a piece of copper wire from the outlet ground screw...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks