Recent content by Dr_1400

1. Dr_1400

Sealing waste pipe into septic

Thank you, I appreciate it. If I were to replace the donut, I’d have to cut the waste line, slip on a new donut, and reattach. Any harm in having a coupling in that waste pipe? The wax ring idea makes sense to me.
  2. Dr_1400

There is a vent pipe, yes. I believe the vent is inadequate, as it terminates under the eve rather than continuing past the peak. I plan to extend that, as well. But the majority of the stink seems to come from around the tank as opposed to near the vent. I do appreciate the thought on...
  3. Dr_1400

I have an off grid camp with a septic located under the camp (not ideal, but not yet able to pay for a new system). We have occasional sewer smell outside the camp after using the toilet, and I believe some may come from the poorly sealed connection between the PVC and septic tank (see pictures...
  4. Dr_1400

Removing nut on sprayer hose

Clueless here - Cannot figure out how to remove this nut on sprayer hose. Any ideas? I am used to a small c clip, can’t find one. Need to remove this to feed hose through the hose guide. Quick connect on the other end, that won’t fit through hose guide either. Any ideas appreciated!
  5. Dr_1400

Help with drain/vent plan for bathroom

Reach4, I've been thinking about how to vent that shower. I'm now wondering if after the shower trap, I can run a vent back up through the shower wall (shown in black below). I have a large access panel and there's no insulation in the wall. I could put a studor vent in that panel about 6...
  6. Dr_1400

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. Yes that's correct, vent line is generally horizontal (with some upward vertical slope) until it goes up the outside. The vent crosses under the shower drain. I've attached another picture here which hopefully illustrates it better. (Heat tape was...
  7. Dr_1400

In the picture, I've drawn a crude schematic of my off-grid cabin’s plumbing. It’s a simple bathroom – toilet, shower, sink – draining into a septic tank. Nothing else goes into the septic. I’m planning to improve (if only slightly) the waste drains/venting this summer. We have noticed a...
  8. Dr_1400

Cabin bathroom re-do

Hello, Recently bought a cabin on post and beam construction. 1 real small bathroom. Septic tank. Exposed crawlspace. Getting sewer smell periodically. Also get huge whoosh sound when flush toilet on occassion. Siphoning traps of adjacent unvented shower and sink? Want to reconfigure the...
  9. Dr_1400

Sewer smell - inadequate vent?

Hello, Hoping to get some help on eliminating an intermittent sewer smell. Situation is: I own a cabin in the woods of upstate NY. Cabin is on piers, with exposed crawlspace. It’s unoccupied and unheated much of the time. The lone bathroom empties into a septic tank, which is located directly...
  10. Dr_1400

Sprayer replacement

I am not sure. This is at a remote off grid cabin, I’m not there now. Will check that out next time I am there.
  11. Dr_1400

Sprayer replacement

Connection underneath is this. Would like to replace the whole hose and sprayer at this point, but we’re an hr from a hardware store and not sure what to make of the connection. Quick connect?
  12. Dr_1400

Sprayer replacement

I did not remove the part I’ve pointed to in this image. I didn’t think I should because the old nut slides right over that, as well.
  13. Dr_1400

Sprayer replacement

I took the clip off and got to the point shown in this picture, but the replacement nut (“A” in the graphic you posted) won’t slide past the end of the hose. Am I missing something there?
  14. Dr_1400

Sprayer replacement

Thank you, I appreciate the help.
  15. Dr_1400

Sprayer replacement

Thank you for the reply, makes sense to me. Pardon my ignorance - Will that work with what I’ve got going on here in this pic?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks