Recent content by Doug. G.

1. Doug. G.

Scoop air eliminator

18 inches of straight pipe is recommended before scoop air eliminator but what about after? Is it ok to 90 right after the outlet?
  2. Doug. G.

Scoop air eliminator

18 inches of straight pipe is recommended before scoop air eliminator but what about after? Is it ok to 90 right off the outlet?
  3. Doug. G.

Primary/secondary

Can the supply and returns 90 degree immediately after leaving and entering the close spaced tee into the secondary loop?
  4. Doug. G.

Concentric vs snorkel

I'm planning to install a wall hung boiler and I prefer the look of concentric vent terminator over the more common snorkel style. Concentrics aren't used much in my area and I'm wondering if the pro's out there could comment on whether there's something inefficient about concentrics as apposed...
  5. Doug. G.

Pressure relief valve

On wall hung boiler, should pressure relief valve be located on supply or return or doesn't it really matter?
  6. Doug. G.

Pump control

What's the (PROPER way) as apposed to common way, to control primary and secondary circulators in a simple one zone system?
  7. Doug. G.

Boiler. Primary/Secondary---yes, or no?

I'm replacing an ancient gravity boiler with a Weil-McLain Aqua Balance wall hung condensing boiler.Existing system is 2 1/2" supply and return mains feeding 1" supply and returns to each of 6 cast iron radiators ln 1200 sq. ft. house.---WM piping instructions show need for primary/secondary...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks