Recent content by Dostoy320

1. Dostoy320

Kitchen Sink Drain

Interesting point... I hadn't considered a plug under the sink. I have a 20a circuit coming up right there for the dishwasher, but as I understand it, DW has to be on its own circuit. I'll look into it. Thanks!
  2. Dostoy320

Kitchen Sink Drain

Wow, an answer from the man himself! Thanks, Terry. I'll seek out a metal-shielded coupling. We're not installing a garbage disposal, but does it make sense to place the drain at 16" anyway, in case we ever want to install one?
  3. Dostoy320

Kitchen Sink Drain

Hey Guys, I'm working on a kitchen remodel that requires moving the sink about 3 feet to the right. Here's a photo for reference: There was a 2" cast iron vertical drain pipe in the wall behind the sink that ran straight down through the basement and connected at the floor. It had to go...
  4. Dostoy320

vent terms

Yeah you're right. I was being lazy. I tore it out yesterday and moved it six inches higher.
  5. Dostoy320

vent terms

Yes. The house's original configuration was a wall mount sink with a vent pipe running horizontally about an inch above. I didn't pay attention to it when I was gutting the bathroom. I replaced the steel vent pipe with pvc, following the original run. The new sink was delivered last...
  6. Dostoy320

vent terms

Are you saying it's OK not to move the horizontal vent up to 6" above the sink flood level because it wasn't originally, or that in general it's OK to replace steel with pvc? Because I hope you're saying the former... ;-)
  7. Dostoy320

vent terms

Thanks guys. What are the chances that an inspector is gonna pass it based on the fact that it's a pvc replacement of the original metal vent pipe in the same location? I'm really uncertain when doing this remodeling stuff - once I start replacing things, do I have to bring them up to...
  8. Dostoy320

vent terms

From the Minnesota Plumbing Code: "Horizontal vent pipes forming branch vents, relief vents, or loop vents shall be at least six inches above the flood-level rim of the highest fixture served." Can I take this to mean that if I have only a lavatory on a vent pipe - the vent rises vertically...
  9. Dostoy320

Wet venting tub/shower

The tub drain and toilet pipe enter the stack at right angles to each other. If you're facing the wall, the toilet drain goes straight into the face of stack, and the tub drain enters from the right side. The photo dlarrivee posted clearly illustrates why you'd want the fixtures sharing the...
  10. Dostoy320

Wet venting tub/shower

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I want to wet vent into the stack. The stack is old cast iron - not sure of the diameter but I'd say at least 4". The toilet actually connects to the stack at the exact same height as the tub drain. This is a main floor remodel, and originally the tub...
  11. Dostoy320

Wet venting tub/shower

If I have a run of 3' from the tub drain to the main stack, I can wet vent that with a 1 1/2" pipe, correct? Am I reading the code chart correctly? edit: Turns out the distances are really close to code limits. Where does one measure for the 3' 6" critical distance? Start at the cast iron...
  12. Dostoy320

Quick copper sizing question

Thanks, guys. I'm gonna run 1/2" from the water heater to the kitchen. Should be more than sufficient for a sink/dishwasher.
  13. Dostoy320

Quick copper sizing question

I'm replumbing my house, have 1" into the house, 3/4" from the meter across the basement to the water heater, and am now running the branch lines to the bathroom and kitchen. My run to the kitchen is about 15ft, then a 4 ft climb to the sink. The only fixture in the kitchen is the sink, but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks