Recent content by DoofusOfTheDay

1. DoofusOfTheDay

Proper process for draining pipes for PRV or water heater and how to turn water back on

Yes after some googling found out the same thing. Everything is working great.
  2. DoofusOfTheDay

Proper process for draining pipes for PRV or water heater and how to turn water back on

I replaced the expansion tank with one of those sharkbite thermal expansion shutoffs. I also replaced the PRV while water was shutoff. I opened all water supplys just a little and turned on water main a little at a time. A little banging but minor. Only weird thing I noticed was the single...
  3. DoofusOfTheDay

I checked my expansion tank by turning off cold water supply to water heater, opening up hot water faucet until pressure gone, and the expanion tank was at zero PSI. I checked my water pressure in closest outside faucet before doing this, and it was at 50 PSI. So I refilled the expansion tank...
  4. DoofusOfTheDay

Interesting on the toilet. I do recall last time we had the water off flushing a toilet was rather bangy and noisy, so maybe this time shutoff water supply and turn back on after.
  5. DoofusOfTheDay

I do have expansion tank on water heater currently, so that's good I guess.
  6. DoofusOfTheDay

I am in need of a new PRV, well I think so I have seen a few times now where I turn on master bath vanity or shower and there is a rush of water and it takes a little more effort to turn on water like there is built up pressure. I am also close to needing new water heater. Water heater getting...
  7. DoofusOfTheDay

What are my options for cleaning up this mess?

Well that's what the licensed plumber installed. It's a black pipe that is the main water line, and they used this connector to bridge between it and the copper in house.
  8. DoofusOfTheDay

What are my options for cleaning up this mess?

Years ago I tapped into my water line right where it enters the basement and put a tee as you see with a threaded top to connection to irrigation lines I ran outside. Since then have retired the irrigation lines, as I found out they didn't do much for landscaping, only cost me more money each...
  9. DoofusOfTheDay

Moen single handle shower is slow to fully start and slow to stop

That's what it's acting like! Can I test this by taking off shower head and shoving some small diameter tubing through pipe after taking shower to see if that breaks the air lock and releases all water or some similar method?
  10. DoofusOfTheDay

It almost sounds like a buildup of water that never got through showerhead after shutting off water, but why does it wait hours to suddenly go ahead and exit the plumbing? And it's a fair amount a cup or so.
  11. DoofusOfTheDay

I am back revisiting this post. I replaced Posi-Temp 1222 cartridge and we still have issues. Hours after anybody has used that shower there will be a sudden release of water from the showerhead. Why is this happening? Sitting there at 3 in the morning and hear running water. How do I...
  12. DoofusOfTheDay

Well shoot, replaced with 1222 cartridge and now the handle turns quite nicely and smoothly. But, still get that annoying leaking from showerhead. So, I replaced showerhead with old one we had from a remodeling job, and the water stops as it should. So, now I have the problematic showerhead...
  13. DoofusOfTheDay

No pullout, says MOEN on the bottom of the cover plate. I called Moen and they are sending me a cartridge. I replaced it once a few years ago when it was getting kind of sticky. Easy to replace so hoping this fixes the issue. 1222B is the cartridge part number.
  14. DoofusOfTheDay

Okay...Then what do you guess might be causing this issue?
  15. DoofusOfTheDay

understood, but do you think that's the issue?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks