Recent content by DonM

1. DonM

How can you increase the Water Pressure ?

Thank you everyone. I took all your advice, and I can happily say that after 11 years of poor water pressure the problem is solved. I can now look forward to my daughters taking their usual long showers which now will cost me more in hot water costs! (A better problem to have than running low on...
  2. DonM

Expanding ProPex tubing (Wirsbo System)

I think after reading your response- that my problem here is my definition of "overlap" When I look at the pix, I can see the white tubing underneath the blue ring. I think the blue ring is almost completely covering the tubing (I would call that overlapping) except for about 1/32 of an inch...
  3. DonM

Cass: The first Pix looks to me as though the blue ring "covers" the tubing almost completly- maybe 1/32 nd of an inch isn't covered. Mark told me that: The Pix shows the blue ring almost completely overlapped- Mark says only overlap by 1/32nd?? Which is correct?? Thanks Don
  4. DonM

sorrry- I can't really tell from the pix. In a nutshell- after the expansion process is complete, and I place the pex on the fitting, Is the ring still only have approximately 1/32 of an inch overlap on the tube?? OR, is the ring completely over the entire tube???
  5. DonM

So after the expansion process is completed -the outer ring overlaps the inner tube still only by a 32nd of an inch? And it's only the now expanded outer ring (attached to the tubing by 1/32 of an inch) that actually abuts the fitting? Seems like you would want the ring to completely overlap...
  6. DonM

Hi: I'm reading the instructions for expanding the pex tubing to fit on the proPex fitting. It says to slide the ring no more than 1/16 of an inch onto the end of the tubing- then to insert the expander tool. The unexpanded ring and tubing will not initially go into the tools expander...
  7. DonM

The pump comes on when the pressure hits 42, and goes off at 60. The tank is relatively new- maybe 2-3 years old. I've never checked the pressure with no water in it.
  8. DonM

Your answer above seems to indicate a flow problem for my situation. I'm on a well. The pressure is well above 35. I currently have copper (schedule M) but am going to replumb to Pex (separate issue) because my water is aggressive and I'm getting pitting and pin hole leaks. I'm hoping the...
  9. DonM

How to Uncoil Pex Tubing???

Can anyone suggest a way for a DIY'er to properly uncoil Pex tubing without buying an expensive uncoiler? Thanks Don
  10. DonM

Need Help with Fire Sprinkler system

Thanks-I'm convinced to let it go
  11. DonM

Need Help with Fire Sprinkler system

With the help of this forum I'm about to re plumb with Pex (Wirsbo expander system). I am now also considering adding some fire protection with a sprinkler system since it will utilize the same manifold system. I need some know how advice and some where to get the correct hardware advice...
  12. DonM

Need Help working with PEX

Well If I wanted to go with copper, could I sweat two of the same diameter manifolds-say 1 1/2 inch in diameter, one with 3/4 inch terminals, and one with 1/2 inch terminals- would that work? Thanks, Don
  13. DonM

Manifold Question: Can I gang together two manifolds of the same size copper pipe (using a large diameter say 1-2 inches would be better?)that would have different sized pex terminals i.e. mostly 1/2" but at least one with 3/4"? This is the type of manifold that I would sweat two...
  14. DonM

Pex Unroller?? Hello Again: Do I need an unroller, or is there a technique that I can use to properly "unroll" the tubing?? Thanks, Don
  15. DonM

Yes I can see that now that I've re read it- thanks. Does this mean he suggests that I stay away from the brass or copper fittings? I see mostly brass and copper?? Don
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks