Recent content by DMS

1. DMS

Florida shallow well for lawn irrigation

Hi: Wanted to update my original post: I have a shallow well for lawn irrigation that wasn't producing enough water, and hired a company to try adding points to the existing system, but they had no luck because of hardpan/clay. So I got quotes to put in a deep well to run the lawn irrigation...
  2. DMS

Thanks for your info, very helpful. There's no reclaimed water in my area, not yet anyway. I'm in the Clearwater/Palm Harbor area, and plan on contacting local water department to try and get an idea on what my water bill might be with lawn irrigation tied into town water. We'll be doing the...
  3. DMS

WorthFlorida: Thanks for the reply, great info. Hooking up to town water is the easiest, but they get you for water coming in and water going out. My present monthly water bill is approx $50, but when you add the sewer charge it's over $100/month. Hooking up lawn irrigation to town water would...
  4. DMS

Hi: I bought a home in the pinella's county area of Florida, it has town water and an existing well for lawn irrigation. The well has not been producing enough water. I'm not knowledgeable about wells, and am looking for advice on what to do. The previous owner said the well is 20 years old and...
  5. DMS

Tub shower back up coincidence?

Hi: Bought a second home in Florida three months ago, been living in it while doing the renovations, never had a plumbing issue until today: I use one of the tubs to take a shower, during which the water today obviously wasn't draining. It stayed clogged for ten minutes and then from another...
  6. DMS

Sewer gas smell at kitchen island

Hi: Am moving into my new home soon, recently started using toilets and washing machine and at times can smell sewer gas that seems to be originating from the kitchen island sink base cabinet. The plumber appears to have used an oatey sure vent valve, the sink and dishwasher are both located in...
  7. DMS

Toilet seat extension

Terry: I haven't found your above quote to be the case so far. I've only gone to the big box stores , but every seat I've seen there either has the hinge and post as one piece, or else has a plastic piece with small bolt attached that has to snap into the hinge in order to work, can't be...
  8. DMS

Toilet seat extension

I purchased an 'elongated toilet seat elevator' with arms from Carex, the existing toilet seat is supposed to go on top of this and the existing toilet seat hinge bolts are supposed to get swapped out and replaced with longer/larger diameter bolts supplied with the seat extension. None of my...
  9. DMS

Wellwater question: Our wellwater was tested(we're selling our home) and the arsenic level came...

Wellwater question: Our wellwater was tested(we're selling our home) and the arsenic level came back high(.027) Our well is 600 ft. deep and has tested perfectly fine in the past.My question is: I used a cleaner to clean the sinks, faucets, and even inside the faucets( zud cleaner) before they...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks