Recent content by Dmlaero

1. Dmlaero

Glass Shower Door Strike Jamb Vinyl Bulb Seal

I guess I'm not quite sure what kind of supplier I would check. Plumbing or a fixture showroom or something else?
  2. Dmlaero

Glass Shower Door Strike Jamb Vinyl Bulb Seal

I'm trying to source a replacement for this vinyl bulb seal that slides into a T-slot on the strike jamb of a builder-grade glass shower door frame. The bulb is very thin so that is flexible enough to compress under the force of the magnetic door catch. Most similar products I've been able to...
  3. Dmlaero

Source for Fleck 5810 Piston & Seal Assembly 61956-01

Well, Pentair tells me there is about a 4-month lead time on this part. Pretty sad product support to have your water softener out of service for 6 months due to a common wear item.
  4. Dmlaero

Source for Fleck 5810 Piston & Seal Assembly 61956-01

Looking to see if anyone has a source with known stock of a 61956-01 Piston & Seal Assembly for a Fleck 5810 water softener valve. My water softener has been out of service for over a month because I am unable to find this part. I have it on order with two suppliers, but promised delivery...
  5. Dmlaero

Check My Settings for Fleck 5810 SXT

Even though I thought I had a grasp on this, I went down a rabbit hole thinking about your injector recommendations and dug into the 5810 SXT Installer Manual. For my 13"x54" / 2.5 cuft tank the 4.1.1 Injector/DLFC/BLFC-Valve configuration table indicates the #3 Yellow injector is correct, but...
  6. Dmlaero

Reach4, I appreciate your time to check things over. Looks like I had it figured about right.
  7. Dmlaero

I think I understand the principles, but I don't do this often so just looking for someone to check over my planned settings to make sure I didn't screw something up. I've based this on a using a 7.2 lb/cuft salt dose to achieve 22,700 gr/cu-ft capacity which gives me a total system capacity of...
  8. Dmlaero

Fleck 5812 SXT Constantly Flowing to Drain

Well, I pulled the piston and confirmed it is broken. Same problem described here. I just didn't uncover it in my earlier searches. Unfortunately, I also confirmed that I was delivered a 5810 SXT system when I ordered and paid for a 5812 SXT system.
  9. Dmlaero

Reach4, thanks for the feedback and info on the warranty. I did unplug the unit and plug it back it, but wasn't sure if that really did anything because of the 8-hr backup capacitor. I might give that another shot though. I have not pulled the piston to inspect it at this point or try to...
  10. Dmlaero

I have a Fleck 5812 SXT that I bought and installed in 2017. When I woke up this morning I heard water running down my washing machine drain where the softener drains which was odd since the regen cycle should have been done hours before. I checked the display and there was no error code. I...
  11. Dmlaero

Settings for Fleck 5812 SXT w/ 2.5 cu-ft Resin Tank

Thank you, Bannerman and Reach4, for your explanation...easy to understand. So, ultimately it is the BF time that determines salt dose as it controls the number of gallons of water put into the brine tank to dissolve salt at 3 lbs/gal for the next regen. My old brine tank had a salt grid on...
  12. Dmlaero

Settings for Fleck 5812 SXT w/ 2.5 cu-ft Resin Tank

Do the settings below look correct? Seems like the capacity should be more like 60,000 grains to be closer to the "ideal" salt dose of 8 lbs per cu-ft (@24,000 grains/cu-ft). What actually controls salt dose? I assume the BLFC and Injector have a role, but do any of the settings affect it...
  13. Dmlaero

Replace Culligan Medalist Plus w/ Fleck 5800-series or Clack WS1.25

OK, I see that...interesting. This is the site I used as well. If you click on any of the valves and then go to the Resources tab on the page it brings up, the spec sheets can be downloaded. On the spec sheets, it lists the 3/4", 1", or 1-1/4" sizes for each of the valves. Wonder if they...
  14. Dmlaero

Replace Culligan Medalist Plus w/ Fleck 5800-series or Clack WS1.25

Reach4, thanks for the info so far! The spec sheets for the 5800, 5810, and 5812 all say 3/4", 1", or 1-1/4" NPT/BSP/Sweat for the inlet/outlet. Can I ask what lead you to say that the 5812 is the one to use for 1-1/4" lines? Is there something internal to the valve (that doesn't show up on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks