Recent content by djd

1. djd

Iron Filter questions

I did find out about the well it is new, producing at over 6gpm, I was told that this contraption was an iron filter, and yes the wife fell in love with the house. Just after further investigation on iron filters I was unable to find out any more information on it. Anyway as it turns out it is...
  2. djd

Iron Filter questions

Hello, I recently moved into a rural home with well supplied water after my retrevial pump an iron filter (not under pressure). I'm trying to find out the maintenance schedule for this beast but don't even know what its called. Its a 5000 gallon plastic cistern the water enters the top on call...
  3. djd

Waterproofing drop-in tub deck

Just finishing my tub install, wondering the best way to waterproof the deck for my drop in tub. I would use kerdi but its not available here(small town Alberta). Will be skinned with concrete board, then tiled. Any suggestions?
  4. djd

Flushing toilet drain's another?

that was it a soft ball sized ice blockage in the vent. Bought the AAV will be installed today thanks for all your ideas.
  5. djd

Just thought of something, its been bloody cold here like -50 c. Is it possible that my roof vent is frozen causing the pressure difference that is makeing both toilets drain when on is flushed?
  6. djd

ok's so what your saying is this is wrong, the tub drain is with in 4 feet from the stack, is the vent even nessisary? If so can it be connected to the vent from the upstairs fixtures?
  7. djd

line has not been connected to tub yet right now it is just capped off, there is a vent that is installed about 16 inches from the trap that heads up and connects to the same stack about 6 feet up from drain. That drain is same line that upstairs fixtures are on.
  8. djd

Tub drain is not even active yet.
  9. djd

Just had some weird experiences, added tub drain to main stack in basement. Now I have a sewer smell and flushing one of the main floor toilets partially drain the other main floor toilet? Any ideas on what may be happening.
  10. djd

Adding bath tub drain to 3 inch stack

I've just cracked the concrete to add a new tub drain line in my basement. The stack (3") goes to 45degree angle once below the floor, I'm trying to figure out how to add this and have drawn a basic view on what I have thought might work, and ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks