Recent content by djbordie

1. djbordie

Bad kitchen sink install or?

Anyone know about this setup? house is only 8 years old and everything else seems decently built, and to code at a bare minimum. we have had sink smells for years, finally getting around to worrying about it. I say its sewer ish, but could be totally guessing. I would normally clean the P...
  2. djbordie

Enticed by home depot to use the waxless ring, toilet giving off odor...

go figure, a single non horn wax. no leak no odor... what was i thinking! how can home depot peddle that product, and how can they advertise one thing and say another. shoulda checked here first regarding waxless products. thanks again for the help dude! the drake is a work of art and flushes...
  3. djbordie

ya no worries about the return, its just stupid for them to advertise works on uneven flange...then a rep tells me to go buy wax instead. come on...
  4. djbordie

ugghhh, talked to manufacturer: they specifically said to use wax instead, even though the product box says works on uneven flanges! wtf is that! never again...
  5. djbordie

understood, i believe I should start over with Wax or a SaniSeal. the downside to the foam saniseal is I read the life expectancy is not great. 10 years max. The foam dries out, gives odor eventually, etc. The old toilet had a foam seal on it. Also reading that it sometimes is too thick, even...
  6. djbordie

With the spacer, there was rocking. So I installed with waxless only. No rocking at all. upon test fitting, the waxless comes off with the toilet. which leads me to believing that the seal is being made, the concern is whether it protrudes in to the flange enough/tightly. However you are right...
  7. djbordie

Against my better judgement, I ended up using the blue/silicone waxless ring. The initial concern is the flange (relatively new home, 5 yr) was installed crooked...lucky me. it is 1/8 proud on the left and flush on the right. The waxless instructions say "if flush or 1/4" below, use the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks