Recent content by DIYMissus

1. DIYMissus

Need to replace old softener, company that did original install gave me really high quote, advice appreciated on sourcing my own softener.

With the help of the really smart people here, I figured out what we needed . hubby and I swapped our old water softener for a new twin system ( our hardness is about 120 gpg) it was fairly easy to do. I wouldn't say it is a first ever DIY project but if you have some basic plumbing skills...
  2. DIYMissus

Moen valve body 103258 how do I find which cartridge..?

I have ordered the tool and a genuine moen 1222b cartridge off ebay. I'll get a tube of silicone grease from homeD I'll update when the struggle begins. Thanks guys!
  3. DIYMissus

Thank you very much I thought it might be the 1222 but since this valve body doesnt have the handy shut offs its better to be sure. Is the puller a must have not that I dont want to add another never use again tool to the overflowing tool boxes but ...
  4. DIYMissus

I spent an hour on Google I apologize for being so dimwitted as to waste your precious time.
  5. DIYMissus

I can't find a reference anywhere any help would be appreciated. Thanks Cynthia
  6. DIYMissus

My Stepdad was ripped off by Environmental Quality Assurance Pinellas Park, FL

I'm sorry , that makes me angry! I was very protective of my "old people" too . I miss them everyday. My dad ( a WWII vet) would call me when someone tried to sell him something I would talk to the salesperson and ask many questions Then I told Dad what it really was and ask him if it was...
  7. DIYMissus

Assistance in picking Softener/Conditioner

Hi! I'm a home owner not a pro so FWIW A Hach 5B test is a simple and accurate way to find out exactly what your hardness is . You will need that number to program a softener. The hardness is the one of the main factors to determine what size softener you need IF you need one. Personal...
  8. DIYMissus

Was told 64k water softener was too big for home.

softenerparts.com - have a good selection with excellent knowledgeable customer service. I have not ordered from them myself.
  9. DIYMissus

Iron Removal by Water Softener (low hardness)

You don't need a water softener you need an iron remover. Using a softener only to remove iron is kind of like cooking a fish on a waffle iron. Will it work ? Yes. Is it the best method ? No. Will you end up needing a new waffle iron sooner then you would have if you cooked waffles with...
  10. DIYMissus

Looking to make my setup a little more correct

I use Iron-out for whites, it does smell bad, I haven't tried going back to bleach since we got the new system set-up. . My thought since your water isn't really hard is to get something that is designed to remove iron rather then use a softener that is really designed to remove calcium...
  11. DIYMissus

Looking to make my setup a little more correct

If I read the report correctly ( not an expert ) 77 ppm hardness = 4.5 gpg you really don't need a water softener, your water is already pretty soft. " The decision to soften is a personal choice that can affect your home and the environment. If your water’s hardness is greater than 7...
  12. DIYMissus

Transporting water softener

I will shyly say that I got my made in USA Fleck 9100 SXT from apluswater_softeners on eBay All the other components seem to be of the same quality as the old Isobar system, except for the brine tank but it seems sufficient. I don't think any of the new brine tanks are as sturdy as the old...
  13. DIYMissus

29ppm Clear Iron Well Water - Please help

I'm not one of the experts . I assumed and maybe I was wrong that hardness value was the number to be used as the H (hardness) setting on a softener, once converted to gpg . Ca + Mg 23.7 + 27.93 = ~52 mg/l Iron, being much harder for the softener to remove is often multiplied by 4 (...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks