Recent content by DIYLawnGuyMD

1. DIYLawnGuyMD

Did I just blow my well pump with my new CSV??

Appreciate the insights valveman — the thing is, the pressure switch was cycling erratically upon startup of the system as I was attempting to follow the startup instructions. I’m not going to claim I did everything perfectly from the get-go as this is all pretty new to me, but I do want to...
  2. DIYLawnGuyMD

That’s what I don’t understand, because it was filling the tank (slowly) while my shower was running last night. I think maybe the issue is that last night I calibrated the CSV adjustment stem while I was running a 10-11 GPM flow out of the hose bib. I will try calibrating it while running 1...
  3. DIYLawnGuyMD

That is a 3/4” pex barb connection threaded to the PVC for an outdoor hose bib I am putting in.
  4. DIYLawnGuyMD

Here’s a pic of the setup. Top line going to the left in the photo goes to the house plumbing, and the other 1” line branching to the right will go out to the sprinkler system, but is not yet hooked up, so the valve has stayed off for that branch so far.
  5. DIYLawnGuyMD

Last night in testing the shower on warm, it would gradually climb from 50-55 psi to the current switch cutoff of 65psi. At the end of the night as I was showering the pressure was great until the last two minutes when I could tell it had hit the cutoff and was pressuring back down from the...
  6. DIYLawnGuyMD

Thanks for the input guys. After I took some time to think everything through, I figured it was a self-protect/cool down behavior of the pump. Still new to all this well stuff, so thanks for excusing my rookie posts. Regarding the pump not keeping up with the GPM, I think that is definitely...
  7. DIYLawnGuyMD

My apologies for panicking. Everything seems to be working now, just need to fine tune the settings.
  8. DIYLawnGuyMD

Update, pump is working again. The only thing I can think of is perhaps it went into a self protect mode for a little while. Trying to adjust the pressure switch now, and seeming to have a lot of trouble getting the CSV to maintain the right pressure. I have the stem adjusted almost all the...
  9. DIYLawnGuyMD

So I installed my new CSV today, and I fear I may have blown my pump somehow. Would like some help quickly if possible. After installing the CSV (PK1A with 10 gallon pressure tank) I turned on power it was flowing fine, but the CSV pressure gauge was showing a pressure around 20-25 PSI with...
  10. DIYLawnGuyMD

CSV “Typical Applications” & Well depth questions

Very helpful link! I don’t have a digital caliper, but I carefully measured the pipe circumference with a piece of Teflon tape and marked it, and got a circumference of 4.25”. Using an online conversion calculator it appears this circumference translates to a diameter of 1.35”. Using the...
  11. DIYLawnGuyMD

I guess my last question before I decide if I will proceed- All else equal, keeping in mind the above details already discussed, what kind of back pressure increase am I looking at if I switch from my ‘traditional’ 40/65 pressure tank and pump set up to the PK1A CSV? Rationale for the...
  12. DIYLawnGuyMD

What specifically would I be monitoring by having that gauge there? Higher pressure means the well water level is lower, right? What would I be looking out for?
  13. DIYLawnGuyMD

Got it, so my takeaway so far is that my biggest concern (too much pressure blowing a line or the pump) is not really an issue here, and long term pump wear is the one remaining concern. Am I on track with the discussion?
  14. DIYLawnGuyMD

Some additional info for context— —My current pressure switch comes on at 40 PSI and seems to turn off around 65 PSI. —The well head is about 70 or so feet away from where it comes into the basement. —The yard slopes slightly downhill from the wellhead in the front yard to the very back...
  15. DIYLawnGuyMD

Ok, yes I am following on the way the table reads, but not sure I understand all the implications to my intended set up. From what you’re saying regarding gpm, the implication I’m getting from my 11gpm flow during my test is that my well water level must have been very high, giving the pump a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks