Recent content by DiYGuy2021

1. DiYGuy2021

Replacing Copper Water Pipe

It says the images are too large, and won’t let me upload them. Not sure how to resolve that.
  2. DiYGuy2021

Replacing Copper Water Pipe

Hello. I am wanting to replace the pictured water pipe, as I am getting greatly reduced pressure to my refrigerator. Here is the piping that I am looking to replace. First off, what is the purpose of those valves? What is the purpose of the pipe having the U-shaped connections, instead of...
  3. DiYGuy2021

How To Clear Cast Iron Basement Drain

It was the trap. I used the wet vac method, and it worked great. Thanks for the help.
  4. DiYGuy2021

Downspout and Sump Pump Drainage

Hello. I have two downspouts and a sump pump drain (near future when we install sump pump) that all need to be drained to the backyard in the same area. I'm assuming I would not run 3 separate pipes back there. Should and/or how can I combine them, and run them back together? I have circled...
  5. DiYGuy2021

Thanks. So, if they poured water in it, and it filled up quick, that would tell you it was in the trapped portion because, if it was further down the line, they would have needed to pour a larger amount of water in it to see the backup?
  6. DiYGuy2021

ABS Pipe and Flange Question

I have a question. I just replaced some ABS pipe from below, and put in an ABS flange, as well. I have read that plastic flanges are bad. Should I replace another length of pipe, so I can replace the flange with an ABS flange with a stainless steel ring? I don't want future problems when I...
  7. DiYGuy2021

Alright. Thanks. I will try the non-plugged portion first to clear. I wonder how the inspector would have known the issue was the trapped portion, though...
  8. DiYGuy2021

Thanks, everyone. Vacuum the hole with the cap, or the other part? Also, Reach, did you see I made a new reply on another thread you helped me with awhile back? https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/another-messed-up-flange.92405/#post-674931
  9. DiYGuy2021

Hello. When I moved into my home, and had the inspection done, I was told the basement drain had a blockage in the trapped portion of the drain. I notice there is a plug on the side of the drain. What is the best way in proceeding to clear this drain?
  10. DiYGuy2021

Another Messed Up Flange

Update! I know it has been a little bit... I ended up replacing a length of ABS under tbe floor by cutting the ceiling below. I zipped some pressure treated wood that I scribed to fit around the elbow, underneath the floor that is connected to the flange, so i could put those long screws in. I...
  11. DiYGuy2021

Another Messed Up Flange

Thanks for all the replies. My plan is to fix the subfloor in the future when I replace the flooring. However, why does it really matter if the subfloor is rotted where the flange is, if you can compensate by going underneath on the floor beneath the flange? Would it be too much trouble to...
  12. DiYGuy2021

Another Messed Up Flange

I guess what worries me was that the gap wasnt as big before I drilled into the metal flange, and it yanked the flange up and increased the gap between the pipes. So you think it still wouldn't leak?
  13. DiYGuy2021

Another Messed Up Flange

I could really use some advice on this issue. I'm wondering if I need to go to the floor beneath, cut through the ceiling, and replace that part of the pipe.
  14. DiYGuy2021

Another Messed Up Flange

This is where it appears 2 pieces of ABS are joined, but appear to be separating. It didnt help when I drilled the metal portion of the toilet flange, the drill bit caught, and it started to pull on the pipes below. My question about that part is...is it most likely leaking, or will it most...
  15. DiYGuy2021

Another Messed Up Flange

Hello. Thanks for all of your help on my last issue. I have another toilet I'm installing in my house. It appears the toilet flange has nothing to mount to, since the subfloor is rotted. I understand I can get a repair ring that has extension arms to secure it through flooring 1/2 or a 1 inch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks