Recent content by DIYer

1. DIYer

What kind of P trap is this?

Follow-up. This video shows a NY style trap being taken out. I am debating if I have the skills to do it myself but at this point I am at least reasonably sure that this isn't a cast iron trap with lead and oakum joint.
  2. DIYer

Not yet. Plan to start disassembling the plumbing once we have a replacement vanity figured out.
  3. DIYer

Looks like the bell piece is an escutcheon and the trap is a NY style P trap. https://www.plumbingsupply.com/commercial-cast-brass-traps.html#lany
  4. DIYer

Thanks for your response, I got a similar suggestion on another forum, except it seems to be NY style not LA style. The entire trap is one piece and the advice that I got was that it would be difficult to unthread from the drain connection in the wall and might need to be cut...
  5. DIYer

We have a pedestal sink that we are trying to replace with a vanity. Had a plumber in and he thought it wasn't a difficult job and he wouldn't need to open the wall to remove the P trap, but given the lack of competence that he later demonstrated on another vanity install (didn't have bubble...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks