Recent content by DIY_Dutch

1. DIY_Dutch

HVAC ducting questions. What is this?

The only rooms without returns are the bathrooms. Bedrooms all have two return grills in a hi low configuration. No change to performance with doors open or closed. Batt type fiberglass, R30. On the list of things to address. It’s installed poorly and nothing is air sealed up there.
  2. DIY_Dutch

I’ll look into capping it. The only reason I don’t think it’s make up air for the fireplace is the matching duct on the opposite side that is connected to the cold air return on the furnace. That seems like a good way to introduce carbon monoxide into the house. Even during the cooling season...
  3. DIY_Dutch

There are two supply registers and two return grills in the finished area of the basement. I wasn’t sure about your question about the possibility of a tall loop in the chase so I shoved my phone up there on the end of a broom and took a picture. The duct is about 48” straight with a 90 degree...
  4. DIY_Dutch

Bought a 1979 build in the suburbs of Chicago this past year. Lots of new things for me to fix/figure out but this one has me confused. Furnace & AC are carrier units from 2016. Seem to function well with the typical low airflow to the second floor issues. In the basement the mechanicals are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks