Recent content by DIY Duder

1. DIY Duder

Toto Dalton toilet review, owner comments and pictures. CST734F

I found a brand new Dalton ADA on craigslist for $50 so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Well, I didn't. :) I also put an AS champion 4 in my other bathroom too. That's about the extent of my toilet installation expertise! lol The installation was a little easier on the Dalton. So far no...
  2. DIY Duder

No fill tube to overflow on Toto Dalton

That's kina lame. So Daltons have no fill tube to the oveflow tube to refill the tank whatsoever...
  3. DIY Duder

So are you saying I have to drill a hole in that little tube? And yes the tank and bowl is filling.
  4. DIY Duder

Hey plumers. I just now put in my Dalton and turned on the water. There is no water coming off of the fill valve to the rinse tube. It has the floating ball style and there looks to be a little outlet tube where water would come off and go down the fill/rinse tube but nothing is coming out. It...
  5. DIY Duder

Pink Toilets

What did you sell him?
  6. DIY Duder

Pink Toilets

I'm not going to be doing any large remodels in this bathroom and really don't want to change much. But I've changed 2 of the 3 toilets in my house and this is the last 5gpf pig. Only problem is it's pink, so is the tub and the 2 sinks and the toilet is right between them. So naturally I like...
  7. DIY Duder

Champion 4 Poor flush

I have that same toilet. The specs say that the water line in the tank should be 1 inch below the rinse/refill tube. If your saying it's higher then that you may be using a little more water. But as for you concern about how long the popper stays open, it sounds like it's working as it...
  8. DIY Duder

Toilet mounting question

Thanks Terry I didn't put down a poly seam seal since it's on the second floor. I was thinking since it's upstairs and I put in plenty of wax in the gap between the flange and the floor, if the wax ring ever failed it would leak onto the floor and I would see the water right away insted of...
  9. DIY Duder

Toilet mounting question

Hummmm... That's weird. Because there was an actual wax ring down too. The toilet has been down since 1962 and never removed. But there is no question there were 2 different substances.
  10. DIY Duder

Toilet mounting question

OK, so I wasn't able to get my Plymouth on craigslist, guy sold it, but I was able to get a NIB Dalton for $50! Sedona Biege too, looks great with this the downstairs wood panel so I'm pretty happy with that. Now when I mounted the AS Champion 4 in the upstairs bathroom to the flange (save the...
  11. DIY Duder

Vinyl floor/carpet tile removal

FYI Just for anyone reading this, there is techniclly no ban on asbestos products in the United States. The EPA wanted a ban in 1989 and faze out by 1992 but the epa was suied and the asbestos industry won in Federal Court. For example, the auto manufacturers all have stopped putting asbestos...
  12. DIY Duder

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

Well I'm a couple weeks in and still no problems with my Champion 4 either. But for me that's not really the point. It's not weither or not you route the gasket smaller lol, and I'm sure people get the ribs to touch all the time without the bowl/tank cracking. But there have been people who...
  13. DIY Duder

Information on Toto Plymouth

Ok, someone down the street from me has one for a house he thought he was going to need it for and told me he was going to sell it for 150. It's NIB, so I guess that's a good deal. thanks Terry!
  14. DIY Duder

Information on Toto Plymouth

Terry, I was just looking to see if anyone had any information on the reliability of the toto plymouth? Not to many people on here seam to have any nor any reviews... I mean is it better then my champion? lol :rolleyes: I see you don't sell them. Is there any reason why? Dave TOTO Plymouth
  15. DIY Duder

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

American Standard Champion 4 This is my toilet purches/review/install etc story. I never installed a toilet before, and the bathroom I did the install was not working for a few years. It was on the second floor and the last toilet had sprung a leak while the door was closed and we didn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks